Airport.

Billy kettlefish

1 hour ago, Two-lane said:

What about the cranium of the average Civil Servant or MHK?

The Parish Council works in its own black hole, devouring all enterprise and free-thinking around it and it has proven time and time again that it can defy all laws of physics and logic; it's only a matter of time before it collapses in on itself.  The danger is that it will take the rest of us with it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Two-lane said:

That sounds a typically lunatic idea. So people will drive into the car park to drop off passengers - everyone will just drive through the car park to the point nearest the building, then stop to let people out. That part of the car park will become chaotic.

Not me. I will just drop off people on the main road - they can walk over the flower beds into the building.

But even that won’t work. Have you tried to drop off anyone recently at Liverpool airport?

If that was to be replicated here you would have the double red lines prohibiting stopping ( subject to a £100 fine) from the Whitestone in Ballasalla to the Viking/Sidings pubs in Castletown, if not further,in each direction. 

I guess maybe you could drop passengers at the petrol station before the airport and let them make there own way from there. Could be made into a reality program, like “ Race against the world”

First one to get to the airport from the petrol station, get their bags checked in, manage to purchase a cup of coffee and have their flight take off on time ( or the nearest too) is the winner

Edited by The Voice of Reason
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

But even that won’t work. Have you tried to drop off anyone recently at Liverpool airport?

If that was to be replicated here you would have the double red lines prohibiting stopping ( subject to a £100 fine) from the Whitestone in Ballasalla to the Viking/Sidings pubs in Castletown, if not further,in each direction. 

I guess maybe you could drop passengers at the petrol station before the airport and let them make there own way from there. Could be made into a reality program, like “ Race against the world”

First one to get to the airport from the petrol station, get their bags checked in, manage to purchase a cup of coffee and have their flight take off on time ( or the nearest too) is the winner

Death Race 2023. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

That's presuming the planes arrive or take off.😉

16 hours ago, Banker said:

Buses, taxis have a separate lane which stops outside airport, the drop off lane runs parallel, have you actually used airport ?

All UK airports have a drop off area away from front of airport which is only used for buses/taxis 

Did you read my post? I said “People will use that lane!” 

51 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Did you read my post? I said “People will use that lane!” 

Not if they’re policing it they won’t with tickets for those breaking law, £100 fines if you drop off on road at Liverpool airport .

also taxi drivers will soon have words or worse with anyone taking their spaces 

Edited by Banker

this is what happens when you  let the lunatics take over the asylum   they know  the cost of everything and the value of nothing ,  I don't know about Alf's desire to grow the population they are going the right way to empty the place 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Omobono said:

this is what happens when you  let the lunatics take over the asylum   they know  the cost of everything and the value of nothing ,  I don't know about Alf's desire to grow the population they are going the right way to empty the place 

I told this to Thomas on here years ago and he was totally perplexed!

Thomas is just the patsy. A particularly dim-witted patsy, but just the patsy.

All of this is on Cannan, who’s always just seen the plebs as something to rinse for the benefit of the HNWs.

“Grow the place”. He don’t want plebs who’d actually use the airport or hospital. He wants more Michelle Mones and more dodgy Chinese businessmen.

Edited by Ringy Rose
  • Like 1

It’s carts & horses. They’re fiddling. Car park payment system, charges, new trolleys, and about to remodel security and departures. Make the experience of passing through and being held more pleasant.

But we’d pass through faster with the latest security imaging, a full complement of ATC, the lighting gantry and GPS, so planes got in and out and the place could stay open longer in case of need.

Then we wouldn’t be held in departures or the windowless holding lounge.

Theyre working on “something must be done, this is something, ergo…” instead of addressing the real issues.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Just now, John Wright said:

Then we wouldn’t be held in departures or the windowless holding lounge.

I think Cobb’s plan to “enhance retail revenue” is to leave everyone stuck in departures for hours on end with nothing to do but drink Costa coffee or overpriced shit beer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1