Airport.

Billy kettlefish

5 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

I myself would be quite happy with a warehouse structure a door in, desk to book luggage and receive boarding pass.

Throw in a three legs chocolate mint, and a gate number 8 and I'm right there with you.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Two-lane said:

Gef has managed to ferret out how to respond to the gov.'s consultation on airport parking charges:

https://gef.im/2023/04/07/let-them-know-what-you-think/

I thought "You can't be serious". Nope...

Screenshot_2023-04-08_10-20-00.thumb.png.a3dce69092c0b035c229a1a5b621bcbf.png

Fat lot of use this “revenue raising” exercise has been. The airport car park is virtually empty and its bank holiday weekend. Contrary to the signs up the app is already showing if you want to stay for more than 9 days you have to pay for 3 months parking (£60). So the end result seems to be everyone who went away for Easter went to the airport by taxi. You couldn’t make it up. Another brainwave “income” raiser by idiots.

Edited by offshoremanxman
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, offshoremanxman said:

Fat lot of use this “revenue raising” exercise has been. The airport car park is virtually empty and its bank holiday weekend. The app is already showing if you want to stay for more than 9 days you have to pay for 3 minutes the parking. So the end result seems to be everyone who went away for Easter went to the airport by taxi. You couldn’t make it up. Another brainwave “income” raiser by idiots. 

They just can’t do anything simple like what was in place for years. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, forestboy said:

They just can’t do anything simple like what was in place for years. 

Last Easter you couldn’t get a park anywhere. This Easter it’s literally empty. Just picked a mates car up from there as he wasn’t paying to leave it more than 2 days. I was surprised how empty the car park was - whole sections on the short stay are just empty. That’s what you get when you try to jip people for £60 for fees.

Bank Holiday Weekend .. nobody’s making much off this car park 😥

19496702-7F3B-44AC-9B2C-36F44666175E.jpeg

9DE42593-346F-4890-81C5-C86EC08757C1.jpeg

Edited by offshoremanxman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Last Easter you couldn’t get a park anywhere. This Easter it’s literally empty. Just picked a mates car up from there as he wasn’t paying to leave it more than 2 days. I was surprised how empty the car park was - whole sections on the short stay are just empty. That’s what you get when you try to jip people for £60 for fees.

Bank Holiday Weekend .. nobody’s making much off this car park 😥

F55EEBAE-1AEB-4C7B-9BD0-E33DF9BCE952.jpeg

582EE7D7-DE5F-4091-B989-38DD2DE30F7A.jpeg

That's because all the cars that were left for 6 months have been towed. 

• Haha 4