Airport.

Billy kettlefish

good article in todays Daily mail  about the  Ringo rip offs , and people being locket out of their system , why we cant have a local solution to car parking I don't know , it would be a good question for someone to ask how much Ringo are making out of the Isle of man

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

I'm away next week, I'm taking the bus or a taxi down, I'll be fucked if I'm paying their charges or fucking around with their God-forsaken app that is just exporting money to a 3rd party.

Absolute tossers.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

No barriers or tickets now either so it’s easy to boost someone’s car in two minutes

Just load the front wheels onto a dolly and tow it away. People with just think it is on its way to being sold by Chrystals.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, asitis said:

Which is exactly the premise under which lo cost airlines pay little to airports, i.e. we attract passengers so we make money for you via retail

How does this work? Does the airport get a percentage of the sales, or does it just negotiate an annual lease for each shopping area?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hissingsid said:

The upside is more people our using the boat .

Why use the boat when you could just use the plane anyway and ceaselessly moan about how bad the experience is? Yet if people moan about the Douglas town experience it looks like they rather quickly get de-platformed. Rather odd. 

86526233-8BD2-4144-8BF0-292B511DD4AE.jpeg

• Haha 5

On 4/8/2023 at 5:56 PM, Omobono said:

good article in todays Daily mail  about the  Ringo rip offs , and people being locket out of their system , why we cant have a local solution to car parking I don't know , it would be a good question for someone to ask how much Ringo are making out of the Isle of man

Nope. Can't have taxpayers finding out what it is costing them... commercial sensitivity and all that tosh.

Not sure when it is up for renewal (2-5 years?) but as soon as the next contract is awarded then the value of this current contract can be made public as it is no longer in effect and has no bearing on the new contract value. 

That'll give time for those responsible to have sloped off to greener pastures.

On 4/8/2023 at 7:09 PM, Two-lane said:

How does this work? Does the airport get a percentage of the sales, or does it just negotiate an annual lease for each shopping area?

It’s a licence, not a lease. The payment will include a “rent” part, a service charge for heat, light, power, and, if DoI, Airport Management and AG’s are on the ball ( don’t laugh, I did say “if” ), a turnover charge, ie an additional “rent” based on cash flow and recorded through the electronic till systems.