Airport.

Billy kettlefish

10 minutes ago, StCatherine said:

Did anyone else see the picture of Cobb grinning madly with a fake plane ticket and a few Spanish flags on Facebook the other day for the Malaga launch ? 

Seems to have vanished already.

It’s preserved here in a Malaga thread 

10 minutes ago, John Wright said:

It won’t be managed by Sainsbury’s. Somewhere on the sign will be details. It’s usually parking eye that supermarkets sub it out to.

They're persistent, normally.

There are always lots of questions on Lancaster sites about charge notices and pre action letters and do you have pay.

I've always wondered if or how they enforce these thing if you use them in a Manx registered vehicle. I know they share a certain amount of information but surely it's not worth their while doing anything other than writing to you if you live over here. I've only ever tested out the theory on the Dublin ring road, they don't even bother writing.

What would they have to do to enforce such a debt here, employ a Manx advocate? Attend court here? Surely they wouldn't bother would they? There's got to be some consolation for the traveling Manxie hasn't there, we're always going to be more disadvantaged financially in other ways.

I once worked with someone who was caught speeding by a gatso across, they received some official paperwork with a fine asking them to pay and submit their license for endorsement unless they wanted to go to court. They sent a cheque and their license only to receive them both back in the post a few days later, the license clean. Granted was a good few years ago now.

3 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

I've always wondered if or how they enforce these thing if you use them in a Manx registered vehicle. I know they share a certain amount of information but surely it's not worth their while doing anything other than writing to you if you live over here. I've only ever tested out the theory on the Dublin ring road, they don't even bother writing.

What would they have to do to enforce such a debt here, employ a Manx advocate? Attend court here? Surely they wouldn't bother would they? There's got to be some consolation for the traveling Manxie hasn't there, we're always going to be more disadvantaged financially in other ways.

I once worked with someone who was caught speeding by a gatso across, they received some official paperwork with a fine asking them to pay and submit their license for endorsement unless they wanted to go to court. They sent a cheque and their license only to receive them both back in the post a few days later, the license clean. Granted was a good few years ago now.

Not exactly speeding  but my mate had to pay a fine for entering  a congestion zone in London.. They sent the letter to his IOM address.  I don't know if they could enforce the fine in the IOM but he paid as he didn't want any trouble. 

2 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Yes. The GB authorities can’t endorse a Manx licence.

M50 do write, eventually.

They'd issue a county court summons in England. Not enforceable here. But that would screw your credit score.

And of course there is a judgment. You might get stopped and have your car seized. If you were very unlucky.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, John Wright said:

They'd issue a county court summons in England. Not enforceable here. But that would screw your credit score.

And of course there is a judgment. You might get stopped and have your car seized. If you were very unlucky.

At my age screwing my credit score would probably be a good thing. There's nothing I need credit for that I can't do without, removes the temptation. I get that younger people generally don't have that option though.

The M50 have never written to me, I'm not sure how much the toll is. I understand from locals over there that they chase it like a dog after a bone though.

1 minute ago, A fool and his money..... said:

At my age screwing my credit score would probably be a good thing. There's nothing I need credit for that I can't do without, removes the temptation. I get that younger people generally don't have that option though.

The M50 have never written to me, I'm not sure how much the toll is. I understand from locals over there that they chase it like a dog after a bone though.

My inside info from a solicitor friend in Dublin is that they wait until they have 25 from a foreign jurisdiction. Then they pay to access the info in one go. Took 9 months to get my letter.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, A fool and his money..... said:

17 hours ago, John Wright said:

Out of interest, why in England? Or is that a typing error?

[Edit] Ah, answering my own question, I now see there were separate references to "the Dublin ring road" and "the M50". Perhaps the latter was read as referring to the UK M50?

Edited by Yibble

13 minutes ago, Yibble said:

Out of interest, why in England? Or is that a typing error?

I should have made it clearer.

There are two different things being discussed, parking in England at Sainsbury’s and statutory toll charges on the M50 Dublin by pass.

Sainsbury is a penalty charge, for breach of contract. That’s County Court England. Actually small claim via money claims on line.

M50 is a criminal fine. If you don’t pay you get the fixed penalty notice. Pay and you get the reduced sum. Don’t pay and they’ll issue a criminal summary court summons in Dublin. Fundamental principle of Private International Law. The courts of one country will not enforce fines, penalties or taxes of another.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, forestboy said:

The car park will be more and more empty. 
The free provision should be 30 minutes 

perhaps, but then people may be able to arrive, collect a passenger and leave without paying !!   by going down to 15 minutes they can still claim there is free parking but realistically most people will have to pay.