Airport.

Billy kettlefish

Easyjet are charging over £300.00 ( before bags) one way to fly from London in Christmas week with hopeless timings! That compares to Jersey where there are up to three flights and the current maximum one way fare is £153.00. Its time someone found some additional supply on this route to match the demand.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, IOM said:

Easyjet are charging over £300.00 ( before bags) one way to fly from London in Christmas week with hopeless timings! That compares to Jersey where there are up to three flights and the current maximum one way fare is £153.00. Its time someone found some additional supply on this route to match the demand.  

I bet you're fun at Christmas parties

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, IOM said:

the flights are almost sold out all of that week

50 minutes ago, snowman said:

the flights are almost sold out all of that week

Exactly. Josem and CoC lobbying for 2nd runway use at Gatwick is laughable too. The demand is clearly there and its down to carriers to service it from whichever London airport they so wish.

The problem is that Lord Jez is only giving a shit about Loganair and trying to deter any other operators. Apparently Wizz were looking at doing a Luton flight daily and weren't offered any incentives whatsoever, so walked away.

2 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Exactly. Josem and CoC lobbying for 2nd runway use at Gatwick is laughable too. The demand is clearly there and its down to carriers to service it from whichever London airport they so wish.

The problem is that Lord Jez is only giving a shit about Loganair and trying to deter any other operators. Apparently Wizz were looking at doing a Luton flight daily and weren't offered any incentives whatsoever, so walked away.

I have honestly never heard of anyone in a senior position anywhere on the island talked about with as much disdain as Jez ! I have not heard no doubt of all his antics and fanciful schemes, but FFS with this guy in charge you may as well shut the airport down as its sinking fast !!

We have had some whoppers, Annie herself for one, but this guy seems universally loathed and mocked by everyone !

Edited by asitis
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, asitis said:

I have honestly never heard of anyone in a senior position anywhere on the island talked about with as much disdain as Jez ! I have not heard no doubt of all his antics and fanciful schemes, but FFS with this guy in charge you may as well shut the airport down as its sinking fast !!

We have had some whoppers, Annie herself for one, but this guy seems universally loathed and mocked by everyone !

Jiz was overruled by Crookall on the approach from Flybe. They'll be back in the spring with Birmingham flights. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, James Blonde said:

Jiz was overruled by Crookall on the approach from Flybe. They'll be back in the spring with Birmingham flights. 

I honestly doubted Crookall coming in to DOI, he was all talk about coming in but I initially thought 'here we go again...'.

He's inherited a shitshow, a lot of the bad press is out of his control to an extend as it's so badly inherited. But I'm glad to see him standing up to his idiotic CS.

• Like 7

22 hours ago, wingnut said:

“approach the airport building from the right hand side” - wouldn’t make much of a meteorologist - is that smokers logic?

No just normal logic. I assure you if you did that you wouldn’t even get the slightest sniff of smoke. And there would be no need to have an attack of the vapours or be such a drama queen.

In my experience there is rarely more than a couple of smokers in the shelter which is enclosed on three sides so talk of needing an iron lung to walk past it is just silly.

You’ve won.. Smokers have been reduced to having to accept being second class citizens, why try and rub salt into the wounds?

• Like 1

EGNS P2190/21 RWY 03/21 CLSD DUE MAINT 02 DEC 14:15 UNTIL 31
    JAN 20:45 2022

So Rob Callister spouts bullshit about the runway being finished on time and on budget, when the actual situation is it has never opened and is now notamed closed for another 2 months. 

Can this shower of shit not do anything ?

Hope airmed can get in and out over winter with the sw ne gales !!

Edited by asitis
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Coming through this morning at baggage reclaim. Gave up trying to get a luggage trolley due to the first 5 or 6 being rusted up on wheels etc and wouldnt go where you wanted them too even back into the stack. Maintenance as always is zero these days with IOMG. How long does it take to lubricate 40 plus trolleys .????   

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1