Airport.

Billy kettlefish

2 hours ago, Amadeus said:

753632FC-FBBE-4424-B0E7-73CB0C216397.jpeg

203DD11A-86E2-48BD-8ABA-5C1E07585F90.jpeg

B8E987A5-AFCF-491C-812E-E0063CD4D9E3.jpeg

Mychreests and Athol are significantly cheaper, depend in exactly how long you want to park for. You get a free wash, or can upgrade to a valet, plus someone is taking responsibility for caring for your vehicle. It's been a no-brainer for me, and around twelve years since I paid DoI a penny. 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Mychreests and Athol are significantly cheaper, depend in exactly how long you want to park for. You get a free wash, or can upgrade to a valet, plus someone is taking responsibility for caring for your vehicle. It's been a no-brainer for me, and around twelve years since I paid DoI a penny. 

Excellent, I could do with a wash, fuck the car valet.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

They do not even pay for parking in Douglas :

https://gef.im/2023/04/06/one-rule-for-us-another-rule-for-them/

It's a tough life on £70,000 per year.

A well-deserved perk in return for the years of ongoing efficient and flawless decision-making involved in the admirable governance of our Island.

:whatever:s, the lot of them.

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Nellie said:

Why did you have to advertise this.?

I have  been doing the same for years. Now everyone will want to avail themselves of these services. As you say, cheaper, no arsing around with apps and parking close to the entrance.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

So 8 days parking for a week away (as you can’t buy a part day so you pay for the whole of the day you leave and the whole of the day you come back) is going from £41 to £59.

Of *course* it’s Jeff Robinson’s idea.

Just hope more and more people just boycott the park. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

Taxi both ways from Douglas is cheaper than that. Muppets.

They have so little commercial awareness that they think they have a captive market.

They haven't realised that there is competition from taxis, buses, other parking providers, Sefton Express and if they get too greedy, revenue could actually drop. I would be amusing if that happened, for sure, although we'll probably never find out.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, forestboy said:

Bus even cheaper. 
Also get family or friends to drop off and pick up. 

Used the bus the last few times. £2.70 each way instead of increasingly unjustifiable charges at the airport car park. No brainer. 

• Like 5

On 4/11/2023 at 4:27 PM, Ringy Rose said:

So 8 days parking for a week away (as you can’t buy a part day so you pay for the whole of the day you leave and the whole of the day you come back) is going from £41 to £59.

Of *course* it’s Jeff Robinson’s idea.

The really surprising thing is how stupid they are. When it’s £50 max for a taxi from most places in the IOM who do they think is going to pay £120 to to use the long stay car park? I’d guess the carpark is just going to get emptier and hopefully all it does is give more business to the taxi firms or Athol Garage rather than these greedy fuckers. The fact that Robinson signed this off says it all the man is an absolute muppet.

Edited by BriT
  • Like 5