Airport.

Billy kettlefish

46 minutes ago, Nellie said:

The conditions today do seem to be exceptionally bad, or unusual. Two aircraft (one easyJet and one Loganair) actually managed to land, twice, but because they couldn't see anything at ground level they had to abandon their landings and take-off again. I doubt that any improvements to the approach systems would have made any difference.

I'm sorry Nellie, but you've been misled. By studying Flightradar24 I guess. As you can see from the replay image below, the EZY to which you refer was showing "0ft" about a mile shy of the airport. Even common sense should tell you that wasn't likely.

More relevant, the regulations which prevent pilots descending below a decision height (of a minimum of 200ft on that approach) without visual reference would also rule this out. And I can tell you without any doubt whatsoever it did not "actually manage to land". That sort of ridiculous uneducated comment is really unhelpful to the travelling public.... 

image.thumb.png.5b035a56a3feb2c32f3699d74c6f6d56.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Haven’t we been over this before? It’s a worse category now than before, could have better features to allow landing in worse conditions than now etc etc. 

just had a look at your Airport parking post on FB.

1 It’s ok to slag off an official body on social media 

2 It’s ok for Politicians to slag off politicians and policies on Social Media 

3 I fucking give up Frank you’re absolutely useless a conundrum of who can I please the most - pitiful 

4 Ran out of things to say without swearing 

5 Douglas Corporation and it’s members- Deluded self important twats 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

just had a look at your Airport parking post on FB.

1 It’s ok to slag off an official body on social media 

2 It’s ok for Politicians to slag off politicians and policies on Social Media 

3 I fucking give up Frank you’re absolutely useless a conundrum of who can I please the most - pitiful 

4 Ran out of things to say without swearing 

5 Douglas Corporation and it’s members- Deluded self important twats 

You are totally within your rights not to like me or care about me. Just as I don’t care about you. 

2 hours ago, Nellie said:

The conditions today do seem to be exceptionally bad, or unusual. Two aircraft (one easyJet and one Loganair) actually managed to land, twice, but because they couldn't see anything at ground level they had to abandon their landings and take-off again. I doubt that any improvements to the approach systems would have made any difference.

The problems were exacerbated by the fact Logan airs planes are made of playdough.  My plane was broken on the runway, flight cancelled with technical issues....then magically they are blaming fog.  I could see them working on G-LMTD which was the assigned plane.  Sigh.

41 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

You are totally within your rights not to like me or care about me. Just as I don’t care about you. 

Nope I have no opinion of you as an individual or person I’m sure you are alright.

What I questioned but now have just seen on SM is you’re incredibly immature and self absorbed.

Criticism of your political endeavours is a completely different criticism than you as an individual - which is something you have clearly not yet accepted even as a moderator.

For example Frank the Corpy is shit is very different to posting Frank you’re shit.

As an Admin you’re too close to things and ban people too easily.

Edited by Mr Helmut Fromage
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, cissolt said:

The problems were exacerbated by the fact Logan airs planes are made of playdough.  My plane was broken on the runway, flight cancelled with technical issues....then magically they are blaming fog.  I could see them working on G-LMTD which was the assigned plane.  Sigh.

So if fog is not the issue can you provide an update why the EasyJet and Aer Arran flights are all cancelled as well ? Utter nonsense! 

5 minutes ago, IOM said:

So if fog is not the issue can you provide an update why the EasyJet and Aer Arran flights are all cancelled as well ? Utter nonsense! 

Aer Arran flights were cancelled because they went bust, got taken over by Stobart, went bust, and no longer fly or operate flights.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Aer Arran flights were cancelled because they went bust, got taken over by Stobart, went bust, and no longer fly or operate flights.

Apologies you are right I meant Emerald / Aer Lingus ! The point still applies no aircraft have been in or out this  afternoon as far as I can tell so it’s nothing to do with the aircraft ! 

20 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Nope I have no opinion of you as an individual or person I’m sure you are alright.

What I questioned but now have just seen on SM is you’re incredibly immature and self absorbed.

Criticism of your political endeavours is a completely different criticism than you as an individual - which is something you have clearly not yet accepted even as a moderator.

For example Frank the Corpy is shit is very different to posting Frank you’re shit.

As an Admin you’re too close to things and ban people too easily.

Whatever. Like I said, you can think what you want. You’re making the same mistake as many others here and read too much into things. 

8 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Nope it’s simple Councillor or Mod you’re choice Frank - no blurred lines 

100% agree and it puts this forum and it’s mods into a very risky position regarding liability. If he actively edits this forum (let’s face it he clearly does to the point that he now vets who can even join) so that only his chums can post and only nasty things can be said about other politicians but not him or any of his mates then he’s opening the floodgates on personal liability for all the abuse and lies he allows via that moderating approach to appear on this site. It’s a personal platform not an unedited public forum. Simple as that. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BriT said:

100% agree and it puts this forum and it’s mods into a very risky position regarding liability. If he actively edits this forum (let’s face it he clearly does to the point that he now vets who can even join) so that only his chums can post and only nasty things can be said about other politicians but not him or any of his mates then he’s opening the floodgates on personal liability for all the abuse and lies he allows via that moderating approach to appear on this site. It’s a personal platform not an unedited public forum. Simple as that. 

I feel you'd be right at home on r/badlegaladvice