Airport.

Billy kettlefish

25 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Nope it’s simple Councillor or Mod you’re choice Frank - no blurred lines 

Guys, you really need to get out more. I've made it clear in the past where the line is. If you read too much into things or get over excited by some little local forum then that's your problem, not mine. 

17 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Guys, you really need to get out more. I've made it clear in the past where the line is. 

Oh we know where the line is from seeing how this forum operates. It’s any form of personal criticism that might attach to you or any form of statement highlighting the true legal reality of you and this forum when it comes to the abuse and lies against anyone else you as clear editor in chief allow this forum to publish. You’re even now vetting who can register here based on whether they might be critical of you or not. That’s basically being 100% a platform content controller making you liable for everything posted on here no matter how abusive or potentially libelous it might be.

Edited by BriT

11 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Guys, you really need to get out more. I've made it clear in the past where the line is. If you read too much into things or get over excited by some little local forum then that's your problem, not mine. 

No you take issue with Government policy on Facebook- then as it filters down get arsed when people take issue with Douglas Corporation ineptitude and now as a moderator “lower case intended” say Little local forum- self indulgence is not a good look Mr Moderator 

Edited by Mr Helmut Fromage
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, germann said:

Back on topic- I’ve got a flight to BHX tomorrow at midday with Loganair.

Well as a back stop position if it doesn’t take off you can always post 36 Tweets about how shit Loganair is and how shit the IOM and IOM airport is 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IOM said:

So if fog is not the issue can you provide an update why the EasyJet and Aer Arran flights are all cancelled as well ? Utter nonsense! 

My plane was broken and the board said technical issues well before any flights were cancelled, it just so happens the fog came in later. The fog was not why my flight was cancelled.

Just now, Ativa said:

So is a taxi public transport?

What?

If you as a member of the public have an option to take a method of transport then that is public transport. So the Manx Electric Railway and the Steam train down South are methods of public transport. 

No difference between taking a bus from Laxey to Douglas or a plane from Ronaldsway to Gatwick

Or do you define public transport as that only offered by Government?

If you lived across and took a NorthWestern train from Manchester to Liverpool, or the Gatwick Express from Gatwick to Brighton would you deem that as private, rather than public transport?

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

What?

If you as a member of the public have an option to take a method of transport then that is public transport. So the Manx Electric Railway and the Steam train down South are methods of public transport. 

No difference between taking a bus from Laxey to Douglas or a plane from Ronaldsway to Gatwick

Or do you define public transport as that only offered by Government?

If you lived across and took a NorthWestern train from Manchester to Liverpool, or the Gatwick Express from Gatwick to Brighton would you deem that as private, rather than public transport?

Fair enough.

I suppose you are right but at first thought I wouldn’t think of a plane or a taxi as public transport, but I concede you are correct and I should have given it more thought.