Airport.

Billy kettlefish

Weather problem again at Ronaldsway:

METAR EGNS 170650Z 19005KT 2500 -DZ BR SCT001 OVC002 09/09 Q1027 NOSIG=
TAF EGNS 170500Z 1706/1715 19007KT 2000 -DZ BR BKN002 TEMPO 1706/1709 0500 FG BKN000 PROB30 TEMPO 1706/1709 5000 SCT003 BKN007 BECMG 1709/1712 13005KT 9999 NSW SCT007 BKN015 TEMPO 1712/1715 SCT003 BKN007=

20 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Had a look at the place after she posted that picture with another car with multiple tickets

I do not have a Facebook account, but it looks like you do. Maybe you could point the lady in question to the following post  and ask her if she has taken legal advice. Weeks ago I sent that image to both Curphey and Thomas in an email asking if the legal requirements were met - neither has responded....

https://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/66896-airport/page/387/#comment-1684526

The airport is a national embarrassment, that is clear at this stage. The absolutely worst thing in a long list of issues is the lack of updates on the official departures and arrivals web page. My wife was due to fly yesterday and the page just wasn't updated for hours, flights still showing as On Time that has already been cancelled. This is basic stuff in the 21st Century. She rang the main airport number to see what was going on (like it's the fucking 1980's again) and they said 'we'll see if we can get someone to update it, if they can'. For fucks sake, this should be automated, pulling the data from a live feed like it does everywhere else in the world. And presumably used to here before the previous upgrade downgrade.

I've used small regional airports in the arse end of Africa (including Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana etc.) that have their shit together better than this and would laughing at the amateur hour efforts by this bunch of shitheads.

Seriously, there is so much of this sort of shit on the Island these days and rather than being amused and a bit irritated like I used to be it is now making be properly angry. Useless fucking bunch of fuckers, they really are.

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, reptar said:

Seriously, there is so much of this sort of shit on the Island these days and rather than being amused and a bit irritated like I used to be it is now making be properly angry. Useless fucking bunch of fuckers, they really are.

Our public sector has totally given up. Nobody gives a toss anymore. I blame covid most of them are still pining for the days when they got paid to actually do nothing at the airport rather than just have to pretend to work like they’re doing now. Even trying now seems to be too hard. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, reptar said:

The airport is a national embarrassment, that is clear at this stage. The absolutely worst thing in a long list of issues is the lack of updates on the official departures and arrivals web page. My wife was due to fly yesterday and the page just wasn't updated for hours, flights still showing as On Time that has already been cancelled. This is basic stuff in the 21st Century. She rang the main airport number to see what was going on (like it's the fucking 1980's again) and they said 'we'll see if we can get someone to update it, if they can'. For fucks sake, this should be automated, pulling the data from a live feed like it does everywhere else in the world. And presumably used to here before the previous upgrade downgrade.

I've used small regional airports in the arse end of Africa (including Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana etc.) that have their shit together better than this and would laughing at the amateur hour efforts by this bunch of shitheads.

It's not as if it was a job done on the cheap either. The current website cost £25,000 to build. Incredible really.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/new-airport-website-cost-25000/

13 minutes ago, Twitch said:

It's not as if it was a job done on the cheap either. The current website cost £25,000 to build. Incredible really.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/new-airport-website-cost-25000/

That site is absolutely shite but I’d love to know what “revenue generation” a grossly inaccurate arrivals boards brings in according to that report. Even in the airport I’d say 60% of the advertising boards are for IOMG - locate.im, the DfE, MNH, Digital IOM and a whole pile of other government agencies advertising in their own facility. Presumably as no commercial enterprise sees the value in doing so. Yet more “income” they’re generating for themselves from us!

Edited by offshoremanxman
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

That site is absolutely shite but I’d love to know what “revenue generation” a grossly inaccurate arrivals boards brings in according to that report. Even in the airport I’d say 60% of the advertising boards are for IOMG - locate.im, the DfE, MNH, Digital IOM and a whole pile of other government agencies advertising in their own facility. Presumably as no commercial enterprise sees the value in doing so. Yet more “income” they’re generating for themselves from us!

That will be banner advertising on the website.

The advertising costs in the airport itself are all publicly available.

https://www.isleofmanadvertising.com/pdf/BureauAirport.pdf

20 hours ago, reptar said:

absolutely this, and now the passport office only opens for 2 hours a day. Its one fucking joke after another.