Airport.

Billy kettlefish

2 hours ago, piebaps said:

It seems you were wrong. The trolley bays are adjustable (and not every two weeks either).

Response (all information to be supplied) (2).pdf 196.58 kB · 26 downloads

Adjusted does not equate to adjustable!

Cutting something in half and sticking an extra 15cm in May be adjusting, but it’s hardly adjustable.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Even more revealingly in an interview with Paul Moulton last week, Chris Thomas said that the money to purchase the new trollies had come from the DfE as somehow promoting the Island.  Clearly getting the money out of the Treasury wasn't an option, they're only interested in stuff that will waste millions.

That’s actually unreal. So as well as sponsoring half the advertising boards around the airport the DfE is also buying their new trolleys for them with marketing support money that has been earmarked for tax paying private businesses to expand their businesses with. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

It could be worse they could have done no research at all and spent £100k plus ordering a handful of new eco friendly gas powered luggage carts for the luggage handlers and found that they couldn’t register them and then had to give them away. 

that sounds very specific, so are we to assume this has happened?

1 hour ago, english zloty said:

that sounds very specific, so are we to assume this has happened?

No it’s what Douglas Corpy did and it cost the ratepayers a hell of a lot more to buy those useless vehicles than a few dodgy trolleys they’ve bought at the airport. The usual lack of self awareness seems to have popped up again focusing exclusively on other peoples failures.

DBC bought several of the below after a “successful” trial which actually failed to spot that they couldn’t legally register them on the road. So it must have been a very thorough trial. But that didn’t deter them from buying 4 vehicles anyway that they then tried to sell back to the dealer - who told them to get stuffed.

http://www.douglas.gov.im/index.php/news/council-news/item/2786-council-frustrated-by-regulations#.ZD7COy_TUgo

Edited by offshoremanxman

4 hours ago, piebaps said:

https://www.gov.im/categories/travel-traffic-and-motoring/passports/opening-hours-and-contact-details/

Its only for 2 days. Its one fucking wild MF claim after another.

Well.  It’s only four hours normally which to be honest is useless, especially at this time of year.

Every day there are people turning up after 2 expecting to be able to be seen

4 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Looks like someone needs to check their facts. The FOI reply claims the car park ones don’t need adjusting. Judge for yourself: 

There are quite a few courses at UCM for people looking to find a new hobby.

Just saying.

1 hour ago, Blade Runner said:

You should look into it then.

Being an IOM government apologist is not a hobby and is really not good for your mental health.

Here.  Have my last post on this very thread.  Directly above the one you responded to.  It’s having a go at the pitiful opening hours at the passport office.

1 hour ago, Ativa said:

Well.  It’s only four hours normally which to be honest is useless, especially at this time of year.

Every day there are people turning up after 2 expecting to be able to be seen

Would an IOM Governemnt apologist be criticising them?  Maybe, just maybe, I am capable of thinking some bits are Ok and some bits are shit without just taking a unilateral view that everything government do has to either be shit or good.

I love my wife and kids.  That doesn’t mean I can’t ever see room for improvement in certain areas.  It only seems to be on social media where idiots assume that you either have to love or hate everything a certain organisation does or even a certain poster says with no in between.

Edited by Ativa
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, dreamon said:

Easier to renew your passport on the UK Gov website .... and it's cheaper!

https://www.gov.uk/renew-adult-passport/renew

Yup, did this a couple of years ago (and my old passport was stamped IOM too). Far easier than the manual method you have to do over here. Upload the photo straight from your phone, post passport off, new one arrives, no drama.

10 hours ago, swoopy2110 said:

Yup, did this a couple of years ago (and my old passport was stamped IOM too). Far easier than the manual method you have to do over here. Upload the photo straight from your phone, post passport off, new one arrives, no drama.

Yes....most people assume that we have to go via the IOM for the passport . Can be applied online from the UK and you get the UK version and not the IOM version of the  British citizen passport 

I stil have my IOM version and it sometimes can cause issues in countries where English is not a first language and they have to do secondary checks.

I'll probably switch it to the UK version when i am due a renewal. I know that I can apply for a new one whenever I want but I  have  5 years left on my current one..

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mad_manx said:

I stil have my IOM version and it sometimes can cause issues in countries where English is not a first language and they have to do secondary checks.

I've had issues with my IoM passport in countries where English IS the first language. As in, "What the hell is this and where are you actually from?" 😂

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Ativa said:

There are quite a few courses at UCM for people looking to find a new hobby.

Just saying.

They stopped the Banning Internet Users for Beginners course, sadly. 

It may seem like a minor point but it got a reaction from the minister and not one I expected. If they can't give correct info on small stuff like this, what else are they not giving correct info on? 

image.png

• Thanks 1