Airport.

Billy kettlefish

1 minute ago, cheesypeas said:

Be interesting to see if it is actually 'direct'. That's a reasonable 'hop' for a fully laden 737-800.

Yes did several ‘direct’ trips to Madeira years ago and a few had to refuel at Liverpool, Belfast or Dublin.  Always direct on return. 

3 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

So they are discussing parking charges at the airport today......not a clue...........the whole arrangement needs knocking on the head and starting again. allow drop offs and pick ups as normal, 1hr free in car park, old system of charging, barriers or ANPR and pay buy card or cash. All the profit to us. Customer friendly!!!

Then discuss the actual charges.

Is anyone kicking off online about the tickets handed out earlier in the week? Be interesting to know why so many were issued and what the common theme was. I’m guessing people who paid at the desk not the App but who then couldn’t extend their ticket when their flight was delayed through no fault of their own. A quick swoop on those might be viewed as very “profitable” for the DOI.

Edited by offshoremanxman
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Is anyone kicking off online about the tickets handed out earlier in the week? Be interesting to know why so many were issued and what the common theme was. I’m guessing people who paid at the desk not the App but who then couldn’t extend their ticket when their flight was delayed through no fault of their own. A quick swoop on those might be viewed as very “profitable” for the DOI.

Airport is fast becoming a very unfriendly place. All very sad and unnecessary. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cheesypeas said:

Be interesting to see if it is actually 'direct'. That's a reasonable 'hop' for a fully laden 737-800.

I imagine it will be load restricted.

I can't see it being feasible in the winter given water displacement etc on a 737.

Plenty of terrible reviews for smartwings out there too. Cramped, delays etc. BA Cityflyer is great. Surprised the E190LRs can't make the route to be honest.

Edited by NoTailT

6 hours ago, Banker said:

Direct flights to Tenerife just announced, 22/12 to 2/02 , more good news but someone will be on whining about trolleys,

Flights will be by Smartwings - a Czech low cost airline, and not by BA City Flyer.

Worth Googling the company.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Douglas2020 said:

Wednesday nights late cancellation to Gatwick (while we were downstairs waiting to board at 9pm), which was explained to us as a flat tyre (which as a technical defect would be eligible for compensation, meaning that people were generally ok about it) has now mysteriously become due to 'a piece of debris on the runway' & therefore compensation is not payable as not EJ's fault. two questions: 1) under what circumstances would EJ ever pay compensation, somewhere down the line there is always someone or something else to blame (eg traffic jam on the M25 delaying crew); and 2) isn't this a bit alarming if there is debris on the runway damaging landing planes?

Easyjet are probably one of the best in paying  out compensation  for cancellations.

I've claimed many times for delayed and cancelled flights and they paid as per the timeline 

Wizz air etc can be a nightmare. 

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

Just like any service where the CS is now desperately starting to raid it for cash to keep them all on the same benefits. 

If you break parking rules you can expect a fine or penalty same as any other car parking on island or elsewhere 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Banker said:

Direct flights to Tenerife just announced, 22/12 to 2/02 , more good news but someone will be on whining about trolleys,

Yes it’s fantastic news, I can hardly contain myself. 

Should i be expected to bow down to my political overlords at all the wonderful things they are doing, for our benefit? The taxpayer has every right to ‘whine’ about trolleys if they choose to do so. Many of those taxpayers would love to use those trolleys, but can’t afford a) to park or take a taxi b) afford a holiday as they are lumbered with paying increased stealth taxes, charges and inflated prices. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, cheesypeas said:

Ryanair fly 737-somethings from Liverpool direct to Tenerife, and they are sometimes fully loaded - unless runway length/fuel load is a factor.

2 hours ago, NoTailT said:

I imagine it will be load restricted.

I can't see it being feasible in the winter given water displacement etc on a 737.

Plenty of terrible reviews for smartwings out there too. Cramped, delays etc. BA Cityflyer is great. Surprised the E190LRs can't make the route to be honest.

Would only have half the passengers on a E190 maybe ? Pricing would be too high I imagine.

4 hours ago, cheesypeas said:

On Fly Directs website it says in the usual t&cs that luggage limit is 18kg and limited carry on. I would suggest that a luggage weight limit, so they can calculate fuel loads subject to passenger limits. Richmond Travels TT escape to Denmark direct is 15kg allowance, and they are using a plane similar to LoganAir. 

Edited by 2112

11 minutes ago, 2112 said:

On Fly Directs website it says in the usual t&cs that luggage limit is 18kg and limited carry on. I would suggest that a luggage weight limit, so they can calculate fuel loads subject to passenger limits. Richmond Travels TT escape to Denmark direct is 15kg allowance, and they are using a plane similar to LoganAir. 

Didn't the Air Alsie ATR make a fuelstop in the UK? I'm pretty sure we stopped at Humberside when we did that flight a few yrs back.