Airport.

Billy kettlefish

11 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

Is the government actually hell bent on spoiling everything for us, is it their new reason for existing, other than perpetuating the gravy train?

It certainly seems that way and has been for quite some time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Two-lane said:

emesde has above mentioned that the system is not fully workable without cameras on entry and exit.

Anyone wanting to drop someone off at the airport can drive into the car park, note that there are no traffic wardens around, stay there for a while and then just drive off.

I assume one of the selling points for RingGo is the lack of need to employ traffic wardens, That is not the case for the airport where there is the overhead for the monitoring personnel.

A system with cameras and without  barriers relies on a database - it might cover UK plates, but what about Europe or southern Ireland.

And neither Thomas nor Curphey has responded to my email about the legality of the signage. I do not understand why people are not up in arms about a car being towed when there is no signage showing that that is a possibility..

The ANPR at other car parks work,  just don't understand why something equivalent isn't used.  Presumably you can get a report of which cars going in haven't paid, or how long they pay for so there doesn't have to be a daily 'stocktake'.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BriT said:

Er, that’s the point. People clearly aren’t. 

Nah you got me.  I am confused.

You posted links to a data breach that was on the app, saying that people concerned about using the app were being told they were dinosaurs.

I said it’s easily fixed if people don’t want to use the app.  Just don’t use it.

I don’t get your point at all 🤷‍♂️

33 minutes ago, Gladys said:

The ANPR at other car parks work,  just don't understand why something equivalent isn't used.  Presumably you can get a report of which cars going in haven't paid, or how long they pay for so there doesn't have to be a daily 'stocktake'.

Chris Thomas mentioned that the public might not accept anpr.  I do think it would open up the anpr floodgates

2 minutes ago, Ativa said:

Nah you got me.  I am confused.

You posted links to a data breach that was on the app, saying that people concerned about using the app were being told they were dinosaurs.

I said it’s easily fixed if people don’t want to use the app.  Just don’t use it.

I don’t get your point at all 🤷‍♂️

That’s because you’re a thick troll that adds nothing to these forums at all. It’s clear. People, older ones particularly, don’t use the app in the first place because of security concerns. That’s why the carpark at the airport is still half empty. The taxi firms must be doing well. Because people aren’t using the app. 

• Like 4

This Ringo app is a piece of shit.

People don’t like it, they don’t want to use it. It has so many flaws, as evidenced by problems here and elsewhere.

They know they have to pay for parking, they just want it to be as easy as possible.

This is not the answer.

There were god knows how many months when there was no system and parking was free. Which  from the table above seems to have lost the best part of a million quid.

That  would have gone a long way to installing a proper system.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, BriT said:

That’s because you’re a thick troll that adds nothing to these forums at all. It’s clear. People, older ones particularly, don’t use the app in the first place because of security concerns. That’s why the carpark at the airport is still half empty. The taxi firms must be doing well. Because people aren’t using the app. 

Well, thanks.

I know people who don’t want to use the app (I don’t see why, it’s dead easy to use) and they just book their parking via the website before they leave home at the same time as they check in on the airlines website.

Or they get someone else to do it for them (I do my in-laws for them)

Or they pay at the desk in the airport.

Or they park at Mylchreests or ASP.

I am not sure who is more thick? Someone who didn’t get the point of your post or someone who can’t work out how to park at the airport when there are so many options, one of which being a system that is used in thousands of car parks all over Britain.

Nobody from the UK would have an issue with it because that’s how most carpark operate in 2023, but being the IOM we have a fair few moaners who want to continue to live in the 70’s.

Have a lovely evening you charming individual.

Edited by Ativa
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

This Ringo app is a piece of shit.

People don’t like it, they don’t want to use it. It has so many flaws, as evidenced by problems here and elsewhere.

They know they have to pay for parking, they just want it to be as easy as possible.

This is not the answer.

There were god knows how many months when there was no system and parking was free. Which  from the table above seems to have lost the best part of a million quid.

That  would have gone a long way to installing a proper system.

How many times have you used it?

What are the issues?

Its an absolute doddle to use, I really don’t get peoples issues 🤷‍♂️

I haven’t seen or heard of any issues with the app other than people don’t like change or don’t want to use it.

The data breach really doesn’t bother me.  Some people saw some other random peoples parking info and personal details.  I really couldn’t care less, it was short lived.

Can anyone give an actual example of an issue using it at the airport that wasn’t user error?  We use it all the time across a number of vehicles which are all saved and honestly think it’s much easier than paying when you get back.

I am genuinely interested in what issues people have experienced?

Thanks

15 minutes ago, Ativa said:

How many times have you used it?

What are the issues?

Its an absolute doddle to use, I really don’t get peoples issues 🤷‍♂️

That app is meant for car parks which people use on a daily basis, not an airport car park which is used once in a blue moon.

At 6am, you approach the car park, as you turn in there is a sign with a lot of instructions which you can't read whilst driving into the car park in the dark. You park up, rush to catch your flight and go through the rest of the crap that flying involves these days. 

You return at night and ask how you pay for parking to be told that you should have downloaded an app, put all your info into it and paid before you left! Then you say, 'I didn't know that?' To be told there's a big sign at the entrance with instructions! 'What happens now?' 'You'll get a default invoice!' 

Stick your app where the sun don't shine you millenial civil service twats! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, Max Power said:

That app is meant for car parks which people use on a daily basis, not an airport car park which is used once in a blue moon.

At 6am, you approach the car park, as you turn in there is a sign with a lot of instructions which you can't read whilst driving into the car park in the dark. You park up, rush to catch your flight and go through the rest of the crap that flying involves these days. 

You return at night and ask how you pay for parking to be told that you should have downloaded an app, put all your info into it and paid before you left! Then you say, 'I didn't know that?' To be told there's a big sign at the entrance with instructions! 'What happens now?' 'You'll get a default invoice!' 

You drive into the carpark and open the app.

Location services tell you exactly which carpark you are in.

You tap the car details which you could have easily preloaded before leaving the house, and tell it when you are coming home.

I just double to the side button on the phone and Apple pay takes they payment and emails and texts me a receipt.

If flight home is delayed I get a notification that my parking is running out and it takes five seconds to extend it.

One car has CarPlay which is even easier.  I do it from the dashboard and only confirm the payment on the phone.

Or I prepay it before leaving home.

Honestly, it just sounds like people moaning for the sake of moaning.

Like I said before, the in-laws don’t like it  so I do it for them.  I just have their car saved in the app.  Takes seconds.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

19 minutes ago, Max Power said:

There's also a nice sign as you go through security advising you to pay for parking before travelling. There is no excuse for missing it.

As others have said, this is typical IOM attitude of "I'm not doing it because I want it the old way". 

• Like 1