Airport.

Billy kettlefish

5 minutes ago, Ativa said:

What is the issue with having an app on your phone?  I don’t get it.

You just stick it on a page you don’t use often or even delete and reinstall it.

I have the Weatherspoons app which I think I have used twice among hundreds of others.  I even have Strava and couch25k on there and they NEVER get used.

Obviously an app junkie. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Ativa said:

What is the issue with having an app on your phone?  I don’t get it.

You just stick it on a page you don’t use often or even delete and reinstall it.

I have the Weatherspoons app which I think I have used twice among hundreds of others.  I even have Strava and couch25k on there and they NEVER get used.

Good for you - I know how apps work!! The apps you choose to have on your phone are just that - personal choices they only affect you.  I have apps on my phone that affect only me and I do install and uninstall as needed.  But Ringo is different - it affects everybody wanting to park at the airport.  The bit that I disagree with most is that Ringo are profiting  from IOM residents - needlessly.  There is no need to send money off Island to use a 3rd party app to use a car park. 

Edited by daisy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, Gladys said:

You would think that a number recognition system could easily produce a report of the number plates of vehicles which hadn't paid, and for that to be used to search the various vehicle registration databases (not many are going to be non-IOM registered you would think) to find the contact details for a demand letter to be sent.  Barriers would be better though to make sure vehicles that hadn't paid the fee can't leave and so they have to pay. 

Big bruvver.

10 minutes ago, daisy said:

Good for you - I know how apps work!! The apps you choose to have on your phone are just that - personal choices they only affect you.  I have apps on my phone that affect only me and I do install and uninstall as needed.  But Ringo is different - it affects everybody wanting to park at the airport.  The bit that I disagree with most is that Ringo are profiting  from IOM residents - needlessly.  There is no need to send money off Island to use a 3rd party app to use a car park. 

Have you seen our governments attempts to run similar projects? Did you try the census website? They are the guys who would write the app.. The development and management of a custom system would cost many millions per year and be rubbish.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Unbelievable.... At today's meeting Tim Crookall said "

" Tim Crookall (Glenfaba and Peel) noted that users of the airport have ‘suffered for years now’ on all sides.

‘It’s been one hell after another for years, it needs sorting,’ he said."

12 months ago wasn't he the minister in charge of Doi? 

7 hours ago, Roxanne said:

I was away travelling on and off for ten years.

I was away on and off for twenty years. When I got back there were:

nuclear families - I still don't understand what they are

shell suits - at first I thought they might be cheap tracksuits from Shell petrol stations

rent boys - that really confused me, because when I was a child we had a rent man

bonking - and it did take me a while to figure that one out

2 hours ago, asitis said:

They were always going to vote for it, less accountability is always popular.

Anyone know what this means ?

new flight management systems would be up to £300m. 

I heard him say that too on the live stream. I thought I'd misheard. But presumably no one in either house saw fit to question it.  It's quoted in the paper today too. If only hansard or listen again were available.... 

But on the basis of what we both heard, as did. the members, they still. voted it through 😬

you could not fathom this lot out ,  too busy stuck on their ipads rather than listening  to whats being said in the debate ,

£300 million is an incredible figure  for a flight management system ,  do these dummies not challenge anything anymore 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Omobono said:

you could not fathom this lot out ,  too busy stuck on their ipads rather than listening  to whats being said in the debate ,

£300 million is an incredible figure  for a flight management system ,  do these dummies not challenge anything anymore 

Hope it's not the remote tower malarkey etc which our director was embroiled in at HIAL !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Omobono said:

Dig deep enough and you'll probably find that the 1.25 million passengers a year proposal is still alive and kicking and naturally the only way to attract that number is this sort of expenditure....

We have been here before..... and not only that, they'll probably be approaching the new radar suppliers to tender for it...

Edited by Non-Believer
Extra bit
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Dig deep enough and you'll probably find that the 1.25 million passengers a year proposal is still alive and kicking and naturally the only way to attract that number is this sort of expenditure....

We have been here before..... and not only that, they'll probably be approaching the new radar suppliers to tender for it...

If you haven't got a real job...where money actually matters...any old bullshit will do and keep you in work.

• Thanks 4

40 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

If you haven't got a real job...where money actually matters...any old bullshit will do and keep you in work.

Together with this, lifted from Gef's article. Didn't we have a masterplan for a Promenade too...? And how much did we pay Reynolds and Spake to get to the stated state of affairs?

Screenshot_20230427-162911_Facebook.jpg

Edited by Non-Believer
Typo