Airport.

Billy kettlefish

1 minute ago, Maugholdmafia said:

Does anyone know if the airport masterplan will be made public?

Perhaps the point could be, would it make any difference if it were? There were lavish designs published for the Promenade and many were not adhered to in the winging it frenzy that ensued, i.e. look what we ended up with.

That such a culture could be unleashed at an airport is a very concerning prospect and not just from the taxpayers pov.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Perhaps the point could be, would it make any difference if it were? There were lavish designs published for the Promenade and many were not adhered to in the winging it frenzy that ensued, i.e. look what we ended up with.

That such a culture could be unleashed at an airport is a very concerning prospect and not just from the taxpayers pov.

That was for planning permission wasnt it? I do not think a terminal reconfiguration would require planning.

7 hours ago, Maugholdmafia said:

That was for planning permission wasnt it? I do not think a terminal reconfiguration would require planning.

I don't think planning permission applies at the airport per se !

Think this is the masterplan   https://tynwald.im/spfile?src=cots12&file=/business/opqp/sittings/20212026/2023-GD-0028.pdf

Edited by asitis

9 minutes ago, asitis said:

I don't think planning permission applies at the airport per se !

Think this is the masterplan   https://tynwald.im/spfile?src=cots12&file=/business/opqp/sittings/20212026/2023-GD-0028.pdf

I do not think so, that was published 1st of April and is the report which tynwald voted on tuesday. I believe the masterplan is more in depth with plans for how they will actually develop

17 minutes ago, Major Rushen said:

A multimillion £ airport will not create customer demand and without a growth in customer demand the airlines will not provide additional capacity. If the passengers are there and the airline’s providing the routes the airport could be a shed.

We are nowhere near the Reynoldsway figures, never mind developing more. We need people to run what we have properly and get customers on aircraft, what we don't need is more CV dreamers !

Edited by asitis
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, lcd said:

I heard him say that too on the live stream. I thought I'd misheard. But presumably no one in either house saw fit to question it.  It's quoted in the paper today too. If only hansard or listen again were available.... 

Listen again is available here:

https://www.tynwald.org.im/10518

though not easy to find as is increasingly the case since the redesign of the Tynwald website.  The Report being discussed strikes me as a fairly sloppy piece of work and, despite the fact it was rushed to discussion, doesn't seem to be very up to date.

6 hours ago, madmanxpilot said:

A mistake/typo/joke?

I think so too, it's got to be £30M surely? £300M would buy the best part of a new Ronaldsway? - although given that it's DOI we're talking about, perhaps not....

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I think so too, it's got to be £30M surely? £300M would buy the best part of a new Ronaldsway? - although given that it's DOI we're talking about, perhaps not....

In relation to an airport, I have never heard of a ‘flight management system’. I have on an aeroplane, and have used them extensively for navigation, fuel planning, communications and the like. An FMS is the brains of any modern airliner.

It would be good to have an explanation of what @christhomas means in saying this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4