Airport.

Billy kettlefish

1 minute ago, James Blonde said:

This is why Jurby needs to be maintained for emergency diversions. Now we're stuck with no Air Ambulance, mail plane or passenger planes until nobody knows when. 

We'll have to make do with Andreas international thanks to the prison!

15 minutes ago, James Blonde said:

This is why Jurby needs to be maintained for emergency diversions. Now we're stuck with no Air Ambulance, mail plane or passenger planes until nobody knows when. 

I think you'll find air ambulance doesn't need to use the airport terminal. Nor even the airport !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, snowman said:

A tiny bit more info

Ronaldsway Airport has been closed due to Storm Barra after 'structural damage' to the terminal building roof.

Plan is to reopen at 6:15am tomorrow, subject to a 5:00am assessment.

The road in front of the building is also closed.

Shit happens you know.

We’ve not been hit by a tsunami or have a volcano spewing out red hot lava onto the populace.

I think we can ride this out

• Like 1

Its interesting the reason given for there not being more services to London is lack of demand. I wonder why the level of services to Liverpool, Manchester, Bristol and Belfast is not far off pre pandemic levels? Why would London demand only recover to a fraction of these destinations its nonsense? I suggest lack of demand is not the reason and its time somebody sorted out the mess! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IOM said:

Its interesting the reason given for there not being more services to London is lack of demand. I wonder why the level of services to Liverpool, Manchester, Bristol and Belfast is not far off pre pandemic levels? Why would London demand only recover to a fraction of these destinations its nonsense? I suggest lack of demand is not the reason and its time somebody sorted out the mess! 

Lack of subsidy to Loganair coffers more likely!!