Airport.

Billy kettlefish

3 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

But Chris Thomas has listened to Cobb and they have a plan. It’s all about the retail opportunities.

It is hard to tell which of these incompetent knobs is the worst, but would have to go with Thomas and his ability to spew endless tripe without saying anything of significance. But not having heard Cobb say a lot I may be playing him down 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Banker said:

Malaga flights canceled again for some reason?

Apparently passengers in Malaga are enjoying 5 star hotels for free at present 

Somebody will have to pay for all of that - and you can bet your bottom dollar that whoever it is will be considering seriously whether they want to deal with Ronaldsway again.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

Malaga flights canceled again for some reason?

Apparently passengers in Malaga are enjoying 5 star hotels for free at present 

Fog. The positioning flight circled for an hour or so then diverted to London City. Not showing as officially cancelled on BA.

An hour later and the fog lifted, and the Liverpool EasyJet got in.

Edited by Ringy Rose

6 hours ago, Roxanne said:

This seems to be a common theme in government. Elected officials too ‘proud’ too ‘egotistical’ to be able to put their emotions to one side in order to gather information from those who know.  It’s hugely frustrating. 

Put in a nutshell - civil servants hate SMEs.

• Like 3

Time Thomas was getting his arse kicked , more  tripe from him on Manx Radio  with the expert on Airports Phil Gawne  who let the Ginger one waste millions  with no results , and we finish up looking like were opting for a  a Manx Care management model  with no one accountable at the airport , 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

I made a search on the document with the fabulous title "Isle of Man Airport: Function, Future and Form" for the word "lighting". I got a hit that said they intend to install LED lights, but not presumably for the runway. So I then tried "approach" and got their view on the "incremental approach" to something or other. But there is no mention of runway lights.

Cobb, and perhaps others, have said that the problem with extending the approach lights is that the seabed drops off sharply in the required location. That may be so, but by itself it is an insignificant statement.

I would like to see an estimate of the cost to install a lighting gantry. Until that is done, all the mumbling from Cobb and Thomas is just uninformed gossip.

Thomas has not been seen on this forum for a while. Maybe if a few people made nice comments about him, he could be persuaded to return. There is no point in sending him an email. His email inbox goes straight into the great bit-bucket in the sky.

[During my recent extended visit to Liverpool airport departures, I had the time to view passengers' responses to all the happy-or-not buttons installed. Not one person used them. The F-F-F document thinks they are worthwhile - probably more so than landing lights.]

• Like 1

Thomas is in London on a CPA jolly  , I would have thought his priority would have been to sort out the problems the DOI have rather  than  those of the commonwealth , and  it just so happens Scotland who's ferry's and  airports are also suffering , are looking at a similar  model  of a privatised  operation board   akin  to what  the DOI and Thomas  are doing , 

were obviously following the same pattern  ,as Scotlands finances  and government credibility  seem to be going down the pan in the post Jimmy Kranky period 

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Roxanne said:

to gather information from those who know

Is there not a 'Director of Civil Aviation' who is, no doubt, being paid a fortune to do apparently sweet FA?  Either that or the CS, and this Thomas character, has forgotten of his/her existence.

It's a big assumption but presumably he/she might know something about aviation?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1