Airport.

Billy kettlefish

I just wonder whats all these cancellations cost airlines and punters alike… Yes it can be misty down that way but never remember so many flights tonbe consistenty cancelled . Got to come the time that airlines start to ask why are the running the service. A friend was reembursed £358 for a taxi fare from London to Manchester by easyjet . Plus accommodation for two also. 

16 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

All of today’s cancellations, as is so often the case, would likely not have happened with a properly equipped airport.

From the METAR history I’ve just seen, the weather was workable with CAT2 for a couple of hours around lunchtime, and CAT1 with full lights for the rest of the time.

Not much more to say really.

Gary Cobb & Chris Thomas are on the Manninline in a couple of weeks. They should be getting both barrels.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

All of today’s cancellations, as is so often the case, would likely not have happened with a properly equipped airport.

From the METAR history I’ve just seen, the weather was workable with CAT2 for a couple of hours around lunchtime, and CAT1 with full lights for the rest of the time.

The deficiencies in proper equipment must be addressed as a matter of urgency 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

I just wonder whats all these cancellations cost airlines and punters alike… Yes it can be misty down that way but never remember so many flights tonbe consistenty cancelled . Got to come the time that airlines start to ask why are the running the service. A friend was reembursed £358 for a taxi fare from London to Manchester by easyjet . Plus accommodation for two also. 

How long before Easyjet start getting itchy feet about serving the island..?

30 minutes ago, Twitch said:

How long before Easyjet start getting itchy feet about serving the island..?

Politicos won't allow them to cease. That would awaken the zombie population 

easyJet have only had one disruption today 

Edited by snowman
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

Yet Mr Thomas says that no other comparable airports have got anything better so why should we go to the expense?

What we should be looking at and addressing are the shortcomings of the equipment to deal with the (regularly occurring) meteorological circumstances peculiar to our airport; not dismissing them as being no different to anywhere else.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Yet Mr Thomas says that no other comparable airports have got anything better so why should we go to the expense?

What we should be looking at and addressing are the shortcomings of the equipment to deal with the (regularly occurring) meteorological circumstances peculiar to our airport; not dismissing them as being no different to anywhere else.

It is different to everywhere else. No airport in the British Isles that has an ILS has basic lights to their main landing runway as far as I’m aware - and I think I’ve been to them all over the years. Jersey does to their easterly facing runway, due to the steep escarpment on the approach, but it’s very rare that low visibility happens when the wind predicates that runway’s use, ie, it’s not their main landing runway.

It does make you wonder whether Mr Thomas is being fed a load of b*****ks, or he’s just making it up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, madmanxpilot said:

It is different to everywhere else. No airport in the British Isles that has an ILS has basic lights to their main landing runway as far as I’m aware - and I think I’ve been to them all over the years. Jersey does to their easterly facing runway, due to the steep escarpment on the approach, but it’s very rare that low visibility happens when the wind predicates that runway’s use, ie, it’s not their main landing runway.

It does make you wonder whether Mr Thomas is being fed a load of b*****ks, or he’s just making it up.

Both being fed a load of b…..ks and making things up as usual. 

• Like 2