Airport.

Billy kettlefish

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

Agreed I had it last year and just re-booked ASAP in the airport the second the flight showed as cancelled to try to beat anyone else to the few available hotel rooms that were left near Gatwick. But that cost me over £300 for the party we were with but many people can’t afford to do that straight off and luckily I got the money back off EJ eventually but it was months later. If you are skint you're back on the bus messed around for ages waiting for support. 

If you are skint, then unless it’s a funeral or family emergency then it probably isn’t a good idea to be forking out for flights and hotels anyway.

• Confused 2

It seems that Cobb and team are currently in Poland at some aviation conference, trying to whip up interest in new routes to Ronaldsway International.

https://www.facebook.com/IsleOfManAirport

What they expect to achieve, that could not be achieved by picking up the phone to easyJet/Loganair/Emerald/BA, I cannot conceive.

It would be interesting to do an FoI in a few months and see what tangible benefit this generates, together with a cost/benefit analysis. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Nellie said:

It seems that Cobb and team are currently in Poland at some aviation conference, trying to whip up interest in new routes to Ronaldsway International.

What they expect to achieve, that could not be achieved by picking up the phone to easyJet/Loganair/Emerald/BA, I cannot conceive.

It would be interesting to do an FoI in a few months and see what tangible benefit this generates, together with a cost/benefit analysis. 

Southampton and or Bournemouth please. 

2 hours ago, Nellie said:

The collective noun is a 'smug' of civil servants

• Like 1

One of the gang in the photo seems to have morphed from the customer experience manager for IOM transport into the airport’s commercial director last month. There was reference to a role in the Tynwald arms length report but where was that advertised ? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, StCatherine said:

One of the gang in the photo seems to have morphed from the customer experience manager for IOM transport into the airport’s commercial director last month. There was reference to a role in the Tynwald arms length report but where was that advertised ? 

Well that's according to her LinkedIn, but I'm sure I saw an organisation chart showing her already as  Commercial Officer at the Airport, so they just promoted her up.  The job was advertised and the consensus here (and you rarely get consensus on anything) was that there was not much room for extra commercial growth at the Airport and the job was unnecessary, but that's never stopped them appointing someone. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Nellie said:

Meanwhile, Rome burns.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Well that's according to her LinkedIn, but I'm sure I saw an organisation chart showing her already as  Commercial Officer at the Airport, so they just promoted her up.  The job was advertised and the consensus here (and you rarely get consensus on anything) was that there was not much room for extra commercial growth at the Airport and the job was unnecessary, but that's never stopped them appointing someone. 

While there is avaiation experience in the UK, She was working at banks circus for the bus and rail. It’s classic government making it up as they go. 

I have almost as much faith in Cobb as Alf Cannan. He seems to love a photo opportunity yet the airport seems as shambolic as ever. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, flyingpeelman said:

She as a degree in airport and airline management, plus experience working in customer facing roles at a London airport, ronaldsway and in an Operations department for an airline. 

I Don’t doubt that for a moment.  But was the new commercial directors role advertised ? It would appear not. If there was a salary uplift then it’s more evidence of Government nepotism, it’s not like it’s a baggage handlers role. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, StCatherine said:

I Don’t doubt that for a moment.  But was the new commercial directors role advertised ? It would appear not. If there was a salary uplift then it’s more evidence of Government nepotism, it’s not like it’s a baggage handlers role. 

It was advertised on Jobtrain and picked up by external agencies and there was even a bit of discussion on here, though the links are now useless.  I'm annoyed I didn't paste images of the original Jobtrain as I seem to remember that the salary was over £100,000 pa.

But the real question isn't whether this person is right for the job, but whether the job is required at all (along with possibly at least one other of the new ones).  This looks more like a job being created for the 'right' person, rather than it actually being needed.

It's also worth pointing out that the job was advertised before Tynwald passed the document saying that it was needed, in passing the Airport plan.  Which shows just what contempt the civil service hold our politicians and democratic processes in - and how our politicians are happy to go along with it, providing they get paid.

• Like 1

https://www.change.org/p/fairness-for-isle-of-man-air-passengers

he purpose of this petition is twofold. The signees of this petition (prayer) request that Government urgently speak with EasyJet management to ensure Isie of Man residents are treated in a decent and humane manner once cancellations and delays occur. Once again we were simply abandoned in Gatwick. There was NO assistance there from anyone.

Many passengers do not have access to an app at all, let alone in the UK.  Assistance should be given by airline ground staff to assist passengers to find a hotel for the night immediately. All I can say is that I hope everyone on that flight found somewhere comfortable to sleep. It was a horrible experience. 

Yes.  Government should definitely have that conversation and make sure easyJet and all other airlines refuse to fly here any more.  FFS

Edited by Ativa
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1