Airport.

Billy kettlefish

22 minutes ago, mad_manx said:

I can see  that you  had a rough time and understand your concerns. 

But out of curiosity what would you have done if the flight was canceled say 3 or 4 hours before and you hadn't reached the airport by then ? 

Would you have turned up at the airport expecting  easyjet to make all arrangements for you and family  ? 

Or would you have spent  hours and wasted money and time trying to get through to someone at a call centre 

In the past you had to depend on the airline / call around multiple hotels etc to make arrangements 

These days it's  easier to sort stuff yourself and then claim back later with the airline and use travel insurance as a backup.

Regarding   apps whether the easyjet app or any app always remember that data on an app may not refresh immediately and can  take ages to update unlike the app  notifications which are pushed through ( if enabled) 

If you feel that the app data is not getting  updated you  can either force close it and restart the app (if you know how to) or can try to  switch off the phone and restart 

Same with some websites .. you may have to clear the cache and go back again.. 

Having travelled on easyjet quite a lot in the UK and overseas they are probably the best in handling  such issues ( in fact the best experience ever in claims management after having similar issues with multiple  airlines from  all over the world ) ..

Have not had to speak to anyone at easyjet  for  such  claims for a very long time  and everything was handled online..

I will see where my journey with Easyjet takes me. I spoke with them yesterday and they told me I'm entitled to £20. I intend to challenge them. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bazza Smurf said:

Yesterday they told me that because I took a flight for Saturday in order to get a hotel, I am only entitled to £20 Gov tax. 

Ah well.  That’s life.

What would you have liked easyJet to have done differently that wouldn’t lead to an increase in their costs and so the fares we pay?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I will see where my journey with Easyjet takes me. I spoke with them yesterday and they told me I'm entitled to £20. I intend to challenge them. 

But you accepted their offer of a later flight home ( 4 days later, I think ) and a hotel until then. But then you decided not to use it. You cancelled.

Their obligation in your circumstances is

1. to get you on another flight as soon as possible and pay for accommodation until then, or, 

2. reimburse cost of reasonable alternative route home ( which you must book yourself )

You accepted 1, then changed your mind.

14 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Please tell us what you suspect, and why.

I travel,lots, and with a wheelchair. Occasionally I get delays and cancellations, or PRM assistance doesn’t appear and I’m stuck.

Apps don’t update immediately. You may have to wait, log out, log back in. Most people will have booked on line. If you can book you can rebook.

Of course you have to book your replacement flight before you can book the hotel. They need to know how long you’ll have to stay.

EZY are responsive to expense reimbursement and I’ve not had problems.

4 weeks ago my flight from Dublin couldn’t land. Aer Lingus Regional ( Emerald ). Returned to Dublin. For all sorts of reasons, I was abandoned by ramp PRM staff at the terminal door. Terminal PRM staff didn’t turn up, the lift was card reader operated for security, eventually, 30+ minutes I was collected. Baggage hall, no bag. 2 hours later landside I’d missed the transport and they’d not booked a room. 

I booked hotel. Paid. Got home following day. I’ve claimed my hotel bill and my taxi fare. Aer Lingus acknowledged. Said took 7 days to process. After 10 days they say it’s not their responsibility and have forwarded to Emerald. Emerald are stonewalling.

Barry, direct your ire at the real culprit. IoMG, DoI, Ronaldsway for having inadequate ILS. We need a light gantry at the end of RESA, we need an upgraded CAT ILS, we need a GPS back up system. We also need 6-8 additional ATC. Get those things/staff and 90%+ of the flights that don’t get in due to fog, or because there are no ATC at end of day, would land. Problem solved.

Thanks John. I appreciate the sensible response. The question you asked me regarding foul play. 

My memory is this. Eventually the app changed. Took about an hour to recognise. There was an email first and then the screen on the app changed to a different look. 

I checked every flight from Tuesday to Saturday. The first one that came available was on Saturday. In my mind of course staying in Gatwick until Saturday was not an option, but my little girl was very upset and tired. We had flown up from Turkey. 

My decision was to take the Saturday flight to be offered a hotel via the app. That indeed worked. It was the only way to get a hotel as I say because there was no offer of a hotel without accepting a flight first. 

On Tuesday Morning when I awoke I had real decisions to make. The hotel reception were very unsure about the idea that we were to camp there till Saturday. The room was only booked for one night as far as I could work out. 

When I looked online to buy a flight there was flights available Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. The question (foul play) bit I cannot understand is why they were not available the night before. Other people I have spoke to said they were the same. 

EasyJet representative yesterday told me that because I accepted the flight on Saturday all I was entitled to is £20 Government tax. It seems I made the wrong choice, but the problem remains, there simply was nobody there to guide anyone as to what to do. Again thank you. I didn't expect to come in from work this morning at 4am this morning and have somebody  ripping me for trying to get some political interest in the matter. 

Edited by Bazza Smurf

9 minutes ago, John Wright said:

But you accepted their offer of a later flight home ( 4 days later, I think ) and a hotel until then. But then you decided not to use it. You cancelled.

1. to get you on another flight as soon as possible and pay for accommodation until then, or, 

2. reimburse cost of reasonable alternative route home ( which you must book yourself )

I accepted number 1. Yes. Big mistake it seems. 

16 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Barry, direct your ire at the real culprit. IoMG, DoI, Ronaldsway for having inadequate ILS. We need a light gantry at the end of RESA, we need an upgraded CAT ILS, we need a GPS back up system. We also need 6-8 additional ATC. Get those things/staff and 90%+ of the flights that don’t get in due to fog, or because there are no ATC at end of day, would land. Problem solved.

Exactly on point.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Ativa said:

Ah well.  That’s life.

What would you have liked easyJet to have done differently that wouldn’t lead to an increase in their costs and so the fares we pay?

Read the petition. That gives you the answer. Not just for me but for less able people. We are heading towards getting older and less able and we should stand up and fight for those that are in that position now. That's my opinion. I don't expect you to agree with it, but that's how I live my life. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I hope you get your problem sorted with Emerald. In your opinion should I simply request £20 back and be happy or do I have any case at all to try to get reimbursed for the £400 odd I am out of pocket? 

Would cancelling the flight today strengthen my case in anyway to get my expenses paid? 

29 minutes ago, Bazza Smurf said:

Read the petition. That gives you the answer. Not just for me but for less able people. We are heading towards getting older and less able and we should stand up and fight for those that are in that position now. That's my opinion. I don't expect you to agree with it, but that's how I live my life. 

So what do you expect IOM gov to do in the instance of a flight cancellation?

Have someone at the airport to help you?  Insist that easyJet offer a different level of service to people travelling to the island than they do anywhere else?

I don’t get what you want the response to be 🤷‍♂️

Just now, Ativa said:

Have someone at the airport to help you?  Insist that easyJet offer a different level of service to people travelling to the island than they do anywhere else?

Please read the petition. All the answers are on there. Ideally sign it to help others. If you don't agree with it don't. 

You don't understand what I'm trying to do because you haven't read it, or tried to understand it. More likely you don't understand me as a individual. That's fine by the way, but truthfully what I wish for is simple enough. It's listed on the petition (or prayer to the Minister). 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ativa said:

Please just read it. I work nights. I need to get my head down. All I'd like is on there. There's not much really. 

https://chng.it/fYHFxDQm

Please just read it. I work nights. I need to get my head down. All I'd like is on there. There's not much really. 

https://chng.it/fYHFxDQm

I have read it.  I linked to it in my original post.

I still have no idea what you realistically expect to change as it seems you just want EasyJet to look after people better by having staff their and magicking extra spaces on flights out of thin air without delayed passengers having to take any responsibility for themselves.

Good luck with that.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Ativa said:

I still have no idea what you realistically expect to change as it seems you just want EasyJet to look after people better by having staff their and magicking extra spaces on flights out of thin air without delayed passengers having to take any responsibility for themselves.

Good luck with that.

Thank you. Don't forget the bit about the Steampacket. You seem to dismiss that bit. Goodnight. I need to sleep. 

21 minutes ago, Ativa said:

Good luck with that.

Just before I do go. EasyJet did magic several seats on Tuesday that were not available on the Monday. I'm only staying that with the slight inclination you might be interested. I still think however your main intention was to take the piss out of me for likes. It doesn't matter. I've had that happen on several occasions before. Not such much anymore because folk appreciate I do what I say I'll do, even if I'm not always successful. 

• Confused 1