Airport.

Billy kettlefish

A cafe/bistro/restaurant land side at a small airport could become a significant meeting place for families,and businesses. 

I remember when it was a busy area.  It just needs it to be welcoming and with decent food and could become a really good venue. People enjoy meeting in airports, kids love it too, watching planes taking off and landing. 

It would need brightening up and a parking arrangement that allows people to park easily for 1 to 3 hours of an easy pay and display type. No one would mind a couple of quid for parking over a lunchtime.. 

A word of advise to our leaders" try making things better rather than running them into the ground and then doubling the price because no one uses their rotten run down services. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I tell you what would bring people into the place, a decent toilet.

One of those Japanese ones with the heated seats that jet washes you when you are done.

I reckon 15 minutes free in the carpark  is just about right for on a weekday.  Weekends it might need extending to 30 to allow for the post pub extra rinse and blow dry.

32 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

One of those Japanese ones with the heated seats that jet washes you when you are done.

I doubt having your anus jetted Japanese style would make you any less angry or abusive 😂😂😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Why would we follow suit?

Until every other airport has done it I would leave as is.  It’s hardly a hardship, and the only result from that will be probably be people from Jersey holding up queues at every other airport that still expects you to do it.

4 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Jersey are spending £3m installing the equipment so you need need not take out laptops and other electronics

If £3m is available, it would be better spent at Ronaldsway on improving the poor weather capability of the airport.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

If £3m is available, it would be better spent at Ronaldsway on improving the poor weather capability of the airport.

It will be rolled out here as new regulations which are coming into force next year. Sadly years of spending (but not necessarily on the right areas) haven’t been successful. 

49 minutes ago, 2112 said:

3 million ??  that's not expensive enough for our clowns to bother looking at , far too cheap.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

There was a rumour the cafe was moving airside as nobody is using it as it is. Hopefully they will do that to reduce reliance on the shittest and most expensive branch of Costa that exists anywhere in the UK.

Cafe and Costa are operated by the same franchisee 

4 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

There was a rumour the cafe was moving airside as nobody is using it as it is

A while ago I arrived very early for a flight and tried to get some hot food at the cafe - all that was available was a micro-waved bacon bap. If the cafe is moved airside, the kitchen will take up a lot of space, etc. I do not see that as viable, nor is it necessary. For Ronaldsway, all the airside needs are coffee, sandwiches, and somewhere to sit.

• Like 1