Airport.

Billy kettlefish

9 minutes ago, IOM said:

The team at Ronaldsway did a great job . That said EasyJet work on a turnaround time of 30 mins in their schedule I wonder how realistic that is at every airport ? Maybe that’s why they are always picking up delays. 

Yes, it does seem that everyone, ATC, Menzies, easyJet went the extra mile last night to get that flight in and out.

But you are right about the 30 mins. and that will continue to be an issue at Ronaldsway with all this opening/closing/opening/closing caper. You have to think that such a bonkers 'solution' won't last more than a couple of  weeks before they'll have to back-track.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IOM said:

That said EasyJet work on a turnaround time of 30 mins in their schedule I wonder how realistic that is at every airport ?

I am not sure you can criticise Easyjet for this. The Internet shows that Ryanair works on a turnaround time of 25 minutes. It seems that this is the way of life for low-cost airlines.

• Like 1

Still nothing from the mouth that never stops, been very quite lately. Not usually like him to miss a chance to come on the radio and explain how its not his fault and us mere plebs do not understand the complexity and hardships  yada yada bullshit bullshit till you  just turn off the radio in despair.

2 hours ago, Two-lane said:

I am not sure you can criticise Easyjet for this. The Internet shows that Ryanair works on a turnaround time of 25 minutes. It seems that this is the way of life for low-cost airlines.

i guess turn around time depends on the capacity of the aircraft.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, asitis said:

Tonights Gatwick cancelled, not because they can't get in but because they can't get out again before closure time of 2300. FFS.

That’s clearly down to the accrued delays gathered by Easyjet . It’s supposed to land at 21.05 which should leave plenty of time to get out again before airport closes. Clearly Easyjet don’t give a toss. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, asitis said:

Tonights Gatwick cancelled, not because they can't get in but because they can't get out again before closure time of 2300. FFS.

But that's not the whole story. The aircraft was running significantly late, all day. Even so, it was back in Gatwick at 19.49. They had over an hour to get it out by 21.00, which would have been enough to get here and out again by 22.30-ish. 

I'm sure easyJet will be telling the pax that "IOM wouldn't stay open" but they know there is a hard curfew at 23.00 and they are just as responsible. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

That’s clearly down to the accrued delays gathered by Easyjet . It’s supposed to land at 21.05 which should leave plenty of time to get out again before airport closes. Clearly Easyjet don’t give a toss. 

You can say that, but it accrued a delay on the first flight this morning. If it can't make up the time again as the day goes on then its not going to arrive at 21.05. It could be delayed for a number of reasons.

Clearly they do give a toss as the last thing the want to be doing is having to fork out for hotels again for another 320 people potentially.

The late flight does need reviewing by them as its clearly at risk, especially over the summer.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Nellie said:

But that's not the whole story. The aircraft was running significantly late, all day. Even so, it was back in Gatwick at 19.49. They had over an hour to get it out by 21.00, which would have been enough to get here and out again by 22.30-ish. 

I'm sure easyJet will be telling the pax that "IOM wouldn't stay open" but they know there is a hard curfew at 23.00 and they are just as responsible. 

Someone I know has been sat on it at Gatwick for a while. Been waiting for a take off slot which didn't come in time.

2125 they were told it was cancelled. Even if it had started pushing back then, its going to be 25 mins minimum before its in the air. Land. Turn around. It wouldn't be out again before 11.

Edited by swoopy2110