Airport.

Billy kettlefish

1 minute ago, ptarmigan said:

There's a FB post saying Easyjet don't give compensation for ATC problems...

She got an email from them https://m.facebook.com/groups/645750152167358/permalink/6278061835602800/

So effectively govt have put on place a system that really disadvantages residents with no compensation.  

That’s always been the case with delays outside airlines control, all airlines are exactly the same. French ATC have been causing problems for years & no one gets compensation for those either. It’s not discrimination against residents it’s the same everywhere 

4 minutes ago, Banker said:

That’s always been the case with delays outside airlines control, all airlines are exactly the same. French ATC have been causing problems for years & no one gets compensation for those either. It’s not discrimination against residents it’s the same everywhere 

That is correct. It's always been like that.

Worth pointing out again, as many in that FB thread didn't get it, that Compensation and Reimbursement of Expenses are completely different things. You should always get Reimbursement if you follow the airline requirements around receipts and so on.

Edited by Nellie
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Nellie said:

That is correct. It's always been like that.

Worth pointing out again, as many in that FB thread didn't get it, that Compensation and Reimbursement of Expenses are completely different things. You should always get Reimbursement if you follow the airline requirements around receipts and so on.

Correct. In fact, the instances of being able to claim compensation as opposed to reimbursement of expenses are as rare as rocking horse shit these days.

Managing to get 100% of your reimbursement of expenses claim settled are equally as rare. Easyjet are Olympic standard at finding reasons not to accept a receipt unless it has every conceivable detail on it. As for claiming back for any tube fares where the only evidence may be a copy of a bank statement due to the “tap in/out” system…forget it!

I’m no apologist for the management at the Airport, but in relation to the EasyJet debacle yesterday where the aircraft diverted to Liverpool and then went back to Gatwick, I would suggest that the event would not have happened if the Captain had checked his NOTAMs properly. So, for the purpose of compensation, I think in this specific case, the fault can be said to lie with the Airline not ATC. 

If anyone reading this or has friends who were affected, the relative NOTAM is: C3131/23: Isle of Man Airport (EGNS)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ptarmigan said:

There's a FB post saying Easyjet don't give compensation for ATC problems...

She got an email from them https://m.facebook.com/groups/645750152167358/permalink/6278061835602800/

So effectively govt have put on place a system that really disadvantages residents with no compensation.  

File a small claims against IOMG when it happens. It might not win but “Government taken to court by angry passengers” is a nice embarrassing Headline that might help move things. The place is a national disgrace now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, asitis said:

Mind you is she and Jezza worse than the current pair ?

Some might say previous management were the ones allowing the place to turn into the mess it is now. An ATC staffing problem doesn’t pop up over night. How long was she there and could have done proper succession planning?

Just remote manage atc there and problem solved. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Amadeus said:

''............. The place is a national disgrace now. ''

So says you, Cllr. Frank Schuengel.

Most ironic given that you are one of just 12 Councillors in the island's capital Douglas whose refuse policies, spendthrift ways and 10% rates increases are all felt by many as the biggest national disgrace. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

No wonder they're rushing to move the cafe airside. They're wanting folk to sit around for 3-4 hours as the new normal. A post today is telling folk to turn up on time whilst flight radar is already showing the 2.00ish afternoon flight not going until 7.00.. that's a long slog for pissed off folk . Maybe the Director will be there to take Q&A 😂😂

22 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

File a small claims against IOMG when it happens. It might not win but “Government taken to court by angry passengers” is a nice embarrassing Headline that might help move things. The place is a national disgrace now. 

Is that an option re my overflowing bin which stinks like shit!?

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, madmanxpilot said:

I’m no apologist for the management at the Airport, but in relation to the EasyJet debacle yesterday where the aircraft diverted to Liverpool and then went back to Gatwick, I would suggest that the event would not have happened if the Captain had checked his NOTAMs properly. So, for the purpose of compensation, I think in this specific case, the fault can be said to lie with the Airline not ATC. 

If anyone reading this or has friends who were affected, the relative NOTAM is: C3131/23: Isle of Man Airport (EGNS)

In conjunction with 3129

Screenshot_20230618_103512_com.android.chrome.jpg

Another interesting point embedded in the NOTAM 3129/23 is that no aircraft are allowed to depart within 15 minutes of the published closure times.

This is because there is a rule (I suspect a local one, although I am not certain) that aircraft should be able to return after take off in the event of an emergency.

That sounds pretty sensible, however, not so much when you consider that performance A aircraft (typically airliners) can depart at any other time in visibility or other weather that would prevent a return being possible. This is allowed providing a suitable alternate airfield is within one hour single engine flight time.

This fifteen minute rule doesn’t seem to make much sense in this context, and may be an unnecessary extra hurdle that is being placed in the way of getting things done.

Edited by madmanxpilot
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2