Airport.

Billy kettlefish

27 minutes ago, Beyond Belief said:

It could be worse; you could have the displeasure of dealing with the incredibly unprofessional, rude lady at the airport that deals with disruptions, the face of the Isle of Man.  Your last memory of the Isle of Man before boarding your flight, being spoken to and treated like a piece of sh1t.  I acknowledge and accept that it is a difficult job. However, if you dislike the job, don't do it. 

She’s probably the only person in the world that would take the job.

It was probably either that or being PR person for Harry and Meghan.

• Haha 3

they should give the job to Chris Thomas   he talks in riddles , and heads up this carnival of errors called the airport ,  its easy to see why Glover jumped ship  he had the sense to see this shit show unfurling  and made his move  rather than get caught up in the crap 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

She’s probably the only person in the world that would take the job.

It was probably either that or being PR person for Harry and Meghan.

I believe everyone has a choice, and it is her choice to do the job, but that doesn't mean you treat people like crap. People are already stressed out as a result of the flight being cancelled.  EasyJet is the real perpetrator, as they have no desks to manage cancellations.  It's not a case of a flight being cancelled, and it's the knock-on effect it has on them and their families, the ripple effect

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, WTF said:

aircraft attempting to manage it is likely why manx 2 crashed at cork ,  never a good idea to take a chance.

Thats an awful slight on the professionalism of Loganair crew! 

Regarding that awful day in Cork, the Manx 2 crew had a total disregard for approach minima, they broke approach bans on each approach they flew, the visibility meant that legally they had no right to go below 1000 feet above the runway.

There is currently no significant weather affecting London airports. 

Any en route weather can be avoided using the aircraft’s weather radar. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

31 minutes ago, WTF said:

aircraft attempting to manage it is likely why manx 2 crashed at cork ,  never a good idea to take a chance.

What a load of nonsense as already stated this belittles the professionalism of the crew . I assume you also think the aircraft currently landing at Gatwick from a variety of airlines are also taking a risk ? I think it’s time to hold EasyJet to account for the poor service they provide the Isle of Man especially on the London route . 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, IOM said:

What a load of nonsense as already stated this belittles the professionalism of the crew . I assume you also think the aircraft currently landing at Gatwick from a variety of airlines are also taking a risk ? I think it’s time to hold EasyJet to account for the poor service they provide the Isle of Man especially on the London route . 

you missed it ,  i was saying that unnecessary risks should not be taken which MMP seemed to get. 

4 minutes ago, WTF said:

you missed it ,  i was saying that unnecessary risks should not be taken which MMP seemed to get. 

Of course unnecessary risks should not be taken -ever . My point is that a poster is claiming the weather is the reason the EasyJet flights are cancelled and I am saying that plenty of other airlines including themselves are managing to fly in and out of Gatwick plus Loganair operating in and out of London City so why not the Isle of Man Gatwick flight ?  More likely the case they have prioritised other routes . 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, IOM said:

Of course unnecessary risks should not be taken -ever . My point is that a poster is claiming the weather is the reason the EasyJet flights are cancelled and I am saying that plenty of other airlines including themselves are managing to fly in and out of Gatwick plus Loganair operating in and out of London City so why not the Isle of Man Gatwick flight ?  More likely the case they have prioritised other routes . 

I would agree with all of that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was speaking to someone at the Airport earlier who told me that another senior ATC officer has resigned and  is due to leave their post in August after working their notice. Bad enough, but I was also told that they were one of the only people who can do training for new staff. If true, this mess is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

It's not fair to blame the Woman on the desk, she probably gets a lot of grief from people who have been prompted by the TV Airport reality shows. She cannot control take off's n landings???

I was involved in a delayed, delayed, canx myself last year. The majority of people queued quietly to change from MCR to LPL, bus transfer to MCR. I just made the last train to Yorks from Parkway. once on board, gave me plenty of time to eat the excellent Vegan Pasty from Greggs in J Lennon!!!

Edited by Kopek

1 hour ago, madmanxpilot said:

Thats an awful slight on the professionalism of Loganair crew! 

Regarding that awful day in Cork, the Manx 2 crew had a total disregard for approach minima, they broke approach bans on each approach they flew, the visibility meant that legally they had no right to go below 1000 feet above the runway.

There is currently no significant weather affecting London airports. 

Any en route weather can be avoided using the aircraft’s weather radar. 

Except it wasn't Manx2 crew, was it? They suggested through their advertising and the livery on the aircraft that they were an airline. It looked convincing to many passengers who probably knew no different, but they had no such thing as crew, nor planes because they were just ticket sellers hiring in the service from Spain and Eastern Europe and taking a mark up. When the worst happened they took one smart step backwards, and suddenly they were no longer masquerading as an airline. The small print came out and all enquiries were directed to Pedro in Barcelona.

Shocking business model that then carried on with CityWing. I recall they sponsored Alex Brindley's afternoon show on Manx Radio for a time, and he along with Beth Espey flew on a number of occasions to promote their weekend breaks in various places. I remember thinking that if I were those two, I'd have told them to stick that promotion where the sun don't shine.

Quite a relief that it collapsed in the end. I think the contractor had its licence revoked after a subsequent, thankfully non-fatal, incident. CAA certainly didn't seem keen, so hopefully nothing similar will rear its head in the future.

We cannot know all that we should know or digest all that we should know to inform ourselves of what we don't know to allow us to make an informed decision of what we should do to make a decision on what we should do for our best interests?

Clear as mud?

5 minutes ago, woolley said:

Except it wasn't Manx2 crew, was it? They suggested through their advertising and the livery on the aircraft that they were an airline. It looked convincing to many passengers who probably knew no different, but they had no such thing as crew, nor planes because they were just ticket sellers hiring in the service from Spain and Eastern Europe and taking a mark up. When the worst happened they took one smart step backwards, and suddenly they were no longer masquerading as an airline. The small print came out and all enquiries were directed to Pedro in Barcelona.

Shocking business model that then carried on with CityWing. I recall they sponsored Alex Brindley's afternoon show on Manx Radio for a time, and he along with Beth Espey flew on a number of occasions to promote their weekend breaks in various places. I remember thinking that if I were those two, I'd have told them to stick that promotion where the sun don't shine.

Quite a relief that it collapsed in the end. I think the contractor had its licence revoked after a subsequent, thankfully non-fatal, incident. CAA certainly didn't seem keen, so hopefully nothing similar will rear its head in the future.

Correct - and I share your sentiments entirely.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IOM said:

Well Loganair London City managed to go albeit late and it’s scheduled back as well so they seem to be able to manage it ! 

I know, just saying that for a change they're not blaming ATC restrictions. 

On a separate note I see that the inbound flight got in late, but the outbound was canx so did the plane have to overnight here too, or did it fly off somewhere light, out of interest?