Airport.

Billy kettlefish

37 minutes ago, Manx Mole said:

I was speaking to someone at the Airport earlier who told me that another senior ATC officer has resigned and  is due to leave their post in August after working their notice. Bad enough, but I was also told that they were one of the only people who can do training for new staff. If true, this mess is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

so another person with a good personality has been bullied out by someone with no personality then ???

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

I know, just saying that for a change they're not blaming ATC restrictions. 

On a separate note I see that the inbound flight got in late, but the outbound was canx so did the plane have to overnight here too, or did it fly off somewhere light, out of interest?

Have a look on flight radar

11 minutes ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

I know, just saying that for a change they're not blaming ATC restrictions. 

On a separate note I see that the inbound flight got in late, but the outbound was canx so did the plane have to overnight here too, or did it fly off somewhere light, out of interest?

Its overnighting..but apparently its having to book its own accommodation, buy meals, and spend weeks fighting with itself to get reimbursed..

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, newaccount said:

Have a look on flight radar

Good point, didn't think of that. It did a LGW to Glasgow rotation this morning, only slightly late into LGW. The IOM flight was heavily delayed and the A/Cs next flight is showing as tomorrow morning IOM to LGW. So the crew were out of hours to get back to LGW today perhaps?

Screenshot_20230618-222426_Flightradar24.jpg

6 hours ago, germann said:

Not to mention everyone having FlightRadar24 installed on their phones due to the airport arrivals/departures website being utterly gash.

When looking for something else I came across an interesting FoI from autumn 2021 (Ref 1986081, reformatted for clarity):

1. Please advise how much the recently-launched airport.im website has cost to date, including a breakdown of design, hosting, copywriting fees, and any other costs

We can advise that the total amount of the cost of the website is £24,835; however, the breakdown constitutes important elements of the winning tender submission and we are therefore applying an exemption under Section 30 of the Act (commercial sensitivity).

2. Who receives advertising revenue from the site? Is it government or the private company who designed the website?

Government receives the advertising revenue with commission going to the advertising agent.

3. Please could you also confirm whether a tender process was carried out prior to awarding the work on this website to a private firm.

The Airport website tender was operated under the ICT Application and Development Framework. This framework has now been replaced by the Digital Services Framework.

4. If so how many bids were received.

Two bids were received.

So it looks as if all the stuff about the website being provided free in return for advertising revenue wasn't correct (also it cost about twice the new Tynwald website)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Manx Mole said:

I was speaking to someone at the Airport earlier who told me that another senior ATC officer has resigned and  is due to leave their post in August after working their notice. Bad enough, but I was also told that they were one of the only people who can do training for new staff. If true, this mess is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

It must be a really happy place to work ........................................................

On 6/17/2023 at 10:09 AM, madmanxpilot said:

have just spent ten minutes trawling through UK NOTAMs and with the exception of Newcastle (which is closing for periods overnight due staff sickness), I can’t see any that are actually publishing closing for periods throughout the day

Manchester have heavily reduced the opening hours of their second runway due to a lack of ATC cover. Not a complete closure, but still reduces their capacity at the busiest time of year.

ETA not to say the whole thing’s not a shit show. I’m away in a week or so and I’m on the morning Gatwick. My onward flight is the following lunchtime but I’ve still got a squeaky bum about making it.

Edited by Ringy Rose

Wind 210° 11kt. Visibility 200m. Fog. Vertical visibility 0ft. Temperature 14°C, dew point 14°C. QNH 1006hPa. No significant change.
51m ago: 
1h 21m ago: 
1h 51m ago: 
2h 21m ago: 

This is the problem today, on top of many others.