Airport.

Billy kettlefish

5 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

To be fair to them, thunderstorm storms are the absolute worst 

Yes, you never fly through or even close to them. It’s more troublesome at night when you are relying on your own aircraft weather radar, visible lightning and reports from ATC or other crews.

During daylight hours, avoiding them is simple, and enjoyable to be honest. 

Today, however, there is no significant thunderstorm activity over the UK.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, madmanxpilot said:

IOM Airport say storms over southern UK. Either EZY have told them porkies and they haven’t checked, or they’ve embellished what they’ve been told.

Either way - it’s duff, misleading gen.

We also need to remember the umbrella Govt Dept under which the Airport operates. It's the DOI. It possesses teeth but only to lie through. Even our own Chief Minister has previously alluded to such.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Utah 01 said:

This easyjet (and sleazy is now more apt than ever) fiasco has now moved beyond farce and it's time we saw some piano-wire string-up of those responsible.

Mrs Utah's return flight, having already having to fork out £250+ to get to London on Friday after Thursday's cancellation, has been cancelled.

The weather excuse is utter crap and if the airport is using that to cover their incompetence they guilty are lying through their teeth.  Thunderstorms are part and parcel of aviation; since when has flying ground to a halt because there 'might' be some thinderstorm around? 

It seems to me that easyjet operations, and it would be a decision taken quite a way up its food chain, have landed on a nominal time of accrued delay to the IOM aircraft during its previous sectors, over which no attempt will be made to operate the flight - all filed under 'too difficult' and sod the passengers.

This is classic behavior when any organisation has a monopoly and becomes arrogant enough to believe it is indefensible.  I'll say it again.  easyjet should be kicked off the Island and who will replace it?  At the moment it wouldn't matter one iota because the 'service' they pretend to provide is a joke.

Be honest you are missing Mrs Utah, and are rightly pissed off because a night of passion has been put on hold 🙂

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

Anyone else unable to access airport.im this morning? Says their certificate is invalid... Someone forgot to renew the SSLs?

GTS at its finest.

The baggage and flight display screens are still running on XP and I’m not even joking.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

GTS at its finest.

The baggage and flight display screens are still running on XP and I’m not even joking.

The baggage screen always makes me chuckle that as the resolution is set incorrectly and it doesn't fit on the screen properly. It would take seconds to sort.

GTS are absolutely useless.

40 minutes ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

Anyone else unable to access airport.im this morning? Says their certificate is invalid... Someone forgot to renew the SSLs?

New certificate issued this morning and now working OK

14 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

Hey Zarley, it's a genuine site and shows the weather as a graphic. It's pretty good but is not so accurate more than three days forward.

Oops. Didn't realise it was an actual site.

When I read your "windy wind" post, I thought of an old YouTube sketch a member of these very forums made, whereby reference was made to hoolies, and sheep flying past one's window. Made me giggle. 

• Haha 1