Airport.

Billy kettlefish

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

EasyJet are cunts in regards compensation claims, end of story.

Flight LPL - IOM 20 March cancelled weather

Left in LPL departures with nobody to liaise with

Overnight hotel, meals & transport all out of own pocket plus 2hrs retrieving bags & organising same 

Rebooked LPL - IOM 21 March 

Claim for expenses rejected

Anyone know IOM traveller rights in this regard?

Presume it’s just the joy of living on such a beautiful Island - add a couple of hundred ££ to a weekend break getting back …..

IMG_9514.jpeg

IMG_9515.jpeg

You should get expenses but no compensation, should have booked hotel through app all paid for & no large amount out of own pocket 

As I've posted a couple of times before, I submitted a compensation claim last year for a cancelled flight. LGW-IOM May last year. 
The flight was cancelled as the aircraft was late arriving back into LGW ( around 1945 ish) after delays picked up during the day on European rotations. Probably mostly ATC slot delays but some weather exacerbating these. 
Being in the trade, I could prove that the aircraft COULD have flown the LGW-IOM leg, but there may have been difficulty in flying the return due to the IOM Airport latest possible cut-off of 2300.
As they tend to, Easyjet decided not to risk the aircraft and crew getting stuck and cancelled both. 

I provided all this information first to EasyJet and was denied. I therefore took the claim to ADR (the independent resulution agency) :

https://www.caa.co.uk/passengers/resolving-travel-problems/how-the-caa-can-help/alternative-dispute-resolution/

They studied my claim and I was still denied. It would seem that if any ATC slot delay is incurred or weather is a factor, even the independent resolution body is likely to support the airline. 

That's not to say don't try.... Good luck!

Edited by gerremonside
  • Thanks 1

Just heard Thomas on the NPR spouting shite about how  people will think less of the Island if we do not purchase the next gen of scanners. But turns out as we are such a small air port there is no regulations that require us to have them. Quoting delays and people being upset with having to take liquids in small bags and lap tops/tablets out of hand luggage so we should purchase them. The man is a prick, can they not stop spending our money on shit that we do not need. GETTING planes in and out on time, if at all should all that matters at this moment. It boils my piss, the sooner this waste of space is put back into the general population the better. No doubt they will be lining up to employ him going on his achievements in government.

Edited by Dirty Buggane
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Just heard Thomas on the NPR spouting shite about how how people will think less of the Island if we do not purchase the next gen of scanners. But turns out as we are such a small air port there is no regulations that require us to have them. Quoting delays and people being upset with having to take liquids in small bags and lap tops/tablets out of hand luggage so we should purchase them. The man is a prick, can they not stop spending our money on shit that we do not need. GETTING planes in and out on time, if at all should all that matters at this moment. It boils my piss, the sooner this waste of space is put back into the general population the better. No doubt they will be lining up to employ him going on his achievements in government.

The existing setup is only a few years old and complies with the current regulations. Eventually the regulations will change and the current technology will be superceded and the next upgrade will then have to be the new system. As long as you have a plan in place and I'm sure the CAA must give advance notice of regulation changes and time to impliment it, then that is all you need.

Right now the new type of scanners and those that supply, install and commission them will be in high demand which means higher costs and we will already pay an extra premium for being a backwater. Adopt when it needs to happen.

After all, the existing equipment can have no resale value (apart from donor for parts) as everyone will be moving to the new regs and even the parts value will be zero once the machines are no longer compliant.

Higher up the priority list by far is the reliability and availability of the flights, destinations and the prices.

• Like 1

I understand from a usually reliable source, that the captain of a recent flight, not sure what airline, had occasion to go back into the cabin and explain to disgruntled passengers that they were delayed because of ATC breaks. On that flight was an MHK, who then contacted the airlines, to say that pilots must not tell passengers of ATC being the reason for a delay. I will be very surprised if this story is not 100% factual.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, asitis said:

I understand from a usually reliable source, that the captain of a recent flight, not sure what airline, had occasion to go back into the cabin and explain to disgruntled passengers that they were delayed because of ATC breaks. On that flight was an MHK, who then contacted the airlines, to say that pilots must not tell passengers of ATC being the reason for a delay. I will be very surprised if this story is not 100% factual.

I so could believe this story. It’s got Cannans mindset all over this. Not saying it was Cannan who was the MHK. Hope the airline told him to do one. There seems to be a complete blank on letting the public on the IOM know the truth. Needs to stop and soon. Transparent yeah right . 

36 minutes ago, asitis said:

On that flight was an MHK, who then contacted the airlines, to say that pilots must not tell passengers of ATC being the reason for a delay

If so, it is not a smart thing to have done. The pilots now have two choices for an announcement:

1. "There is a delay, but I am not permitted to tell you what it is" - (but everyone will know anyway)

2. "There is no delay. Your perception of reality is flawed"

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, asitis said:

Do MHKs think they have this much influence? 

1 hour ago, Two-lane said:

If so, it is not a smart thing to have done. The pilots now have two choices for an announcement:

1. "There is a delay, but I am not permitted to tell you what it is" - (but everyone will know anyway)

2. "There is no delay. Your perception of reality is flawed"

There is not, and never has been a problem telling the passengers facts over the PA or face to face.

Offering opinions is a different matter, and should not happen.

As it seems in this instance the skipper was only passing factual information, I really can’t see what the issue is.

Anyone who has a problem with that, MHKs included, should quite frankly just do one.

• Thanks 7