Airport.

Billy kettlefish

2 hours ago, asitis said:

I understand from a usually reliable source, that the captain of a recent flight, not sure what airline, had occasion to go back into the cabin and explain to disgruntled passengers that they were delayed because of ATC breaks. On that flight was an MHK, who then contacted the airlines, to say that pilots must not tell passengers of ATC being the reason for a delay. I will be very surprised if this story is not 100% factual.

The truth hurts it seems.

• Thanks 3

On 6/21/2023 at 5:46 PM, Banker said:

I’ve started using DOHOP when booking to Europe with easyJet, small extra cost to cover missed connections etc, haven’t had to claim yet!,

Dohop is a funny one, it’s really just insurance, they don’t do much standard travel insurance couldn’t do. But you’d hope they’re a bit more connected with EasyJet to help smooth things.

On 6/21/2023 at 8:39 PM, wrighty said:

Will I get my £152 back for the flight change which turned out to be both unnecessary and resulting in extra expense? Answers from our forum experts please!

Pretty much nil I’d say. The expectation is that you wait for a cancellation and then sort it out. With full service airlines you can sometimes get them to do a pre-emotive change, but not EasyJet. No harm in asking, mind.

13 minutes ago, lcd said:

In the what else can possibly go wrong department.  Fire engines appear to be attending what looks like a disabled Boeing on the middle of the runway

Flightradar shows it’s a West Atlantic Boeing 737 freighter which took off then returned:

image.thumb.png.3e92380fe7d143d24fa1ffadf0426a60.pngIronically tonight’s Gatwick is actually running and in the air for once and will probably have to circle or divert if they can’t shift it.

ETA Looks like the EasyJet is heading back to Gatwick!

Edited by Ringy Rose
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

Flightradar shows it’s a West Atlantic Boeing 737 freighter which took off then returned:

image.thumb.png.3e92380fe7d143d24fa1ffadf0426a60.pngIronically tonight’s Gatwick is actually running and in the air for once and will probably have to circle or divert if they can’t shift it.

Christ almighty. You couldn't make this up!!

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Nom de plume said:

Claim for expenses rejected

Anyone know IOM traveller rights in this regard?

They often confuse a claim for compensation with a claim for reimbursement for expenses. The joy of customer services who can’t speak English.

Next step is ADR.

The rights are UK261 (was EU261). No right to compensation if bad weather, but still rights to reimbursement of expenses. MoneySavingExpert has a few good articles on it.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

Yes Gatwick cancelled, not sure if Manchester will be able to take off

5 hours ago, asitis said:

I understand from a usually reliable source, that the captain of a recent flight, not sure what airline, had occasion to go back into the cabin and explain to disgruntled passengers that they were delayed because of ATC breaks. On that flight was an MHK, who then contacted the airlines, to say that pilots must not tell passengers of ATC being the reason for a delay. I will be very surprised if this story is not 100% factual.

Which MHK?  It’s an anonymous forum. Why not name them?