Airport.

Billy kettlefish

41 minutes ago, MadAsHell said:

A return ticket over Christmas to Gatwick is £67. If they can't fill one plane a day, why would they put two on?

I refer you to a post on page 51 where the passenger numbers for October are quoted . You will see that the route with the most passengers is Gatwick and beats Liverpool with 4 or 5 flights a day . This indicates the supply on London is below demand indeed other posters are suggesting trains from London to Manchester or Liverpool to pick up flights and in my opinion this is just not sustainable. 

I don’t necessarily advocate more EasyJets but a higher frequency service and an early morning and evening service to ensure the island is connected for business . 

• Like 4

I don't know if anyone else had the abysmal experience at the nation's aerodrome last night.  The LGW flight landed at around 1915; it was a few minutes short 2030 before those that had hold baggage emerged - and it had nothing to do with the CV checkpoint..  No apologies, no reason given - just the usual shite service expected from the Spake circus.

WTF is going on down at the Island's contender for white-elephant of the century competition?

Edited by Utah 01
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

I don't know if anyone else had the abysmal experience at the nation's aerodrome last night.  The LGW flight landed at around 1915; it was a few minutes short 2030 before those that had hold baggage emerged - and it had nothing to do with the CV checkpoint..  No apologies, no reason given - just the usual shite service expected from the Spake circus.

WTF is going on down at the Island's contender for white-elephant of the century competition?

Spake is clueless, whatever made us think he could run an airport is beyond me !

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Utah 01 said:

Just embarrassing,  in such a small airport there really is no excuse what-so-ever for the hold baggage not to arrive within 15mins of the plane arriving on stand. It's not like they have miles to travel.

It's one of the two main ports of entry, how difficult can it possibly be to make arrivals a smooth, pleasant and welcoming experience? 

First impressions are so important....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Utah 01 said:

Nothing to do with Spake though.  Baggage handling has been privatised and is in the hands of Menzies Aviation (they were advertising for handlers back in April).  You have to thank the wonders of capitalism for your delay.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Who ordered these, and how much did they cost? .... And how much did they cost to ship here from the USA?

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/oshkosh-fire-engines-arrive/

Someone is surely having a larf at our expense.

Oops, just noticed that they've got their own thread Shows how impo tent they are.

Edited by monasqueen

50 minutes ago, monasqueen said:

Who ordered these, and how much did they cost? .... And how much did they cost to ship here from the USA?

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/oshkosh-fire-engines-arrive/

Someone is surely having a larf at our expense.

Oops, just noticed that they've got their own thread Shows how impo tent they are.

Apparently they are highly computerised, what could possibly go wrong

• Haha 1

The airport infrastructure i.e. the non 'sexy' stuff is falling apart, due to lack of maintenance, oversight etc etc.

Security gates don't work, control tower still leaks despite being fixed and of course runway 03/21 is still closed.

Spake is from the spend and develop school of management, not run anything and needs emptying.

Ho Ho fuxxxing HO !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, asitis said:

The airport infrastructure i.e. the non 'sexy' stuff is falling apart, due to lack of maintenance, oversight etc etc.

Security gates don't work, control tower still leaks despite being fixed and of course runway 03/21 is still closed.

Spake is from the spend and develop school of management, not run anything and needs emptying.

Ho Ho fuxxxing HO !

I see Spake is back in the UK anyway filming for his new TV show.

• Haha 2