Airport.

Billy kettlefish

What the hell is it with infrastructure on IOM. Mind blowing incompetence and seemingly no input from management to ensure the product offered , in this case a working functional Airport , is fit for purpose. This isn't a new problem in any area of government but it just goes on and on without seemingly any adjustment or changes. At my age I have seen so many management structures effectively running operations but never have I seen such widespread incompetence as exists in CS and Government departments. Totally , totally flawed in every way. If anyone goes through the airport could they please check out the baggage trolleys for me please !? . My little effort to shake them into providing a suitable service . Please let me know if they have been repaired , oiled or replaced as none I tried would the other week.   

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Thanks 3

On 12/22/2021 at 7:05 PM, Roger Mexico said:

Nothing to do with Spake though.  Baggage handling has been privatised and is in the hands of Menzies Aviation (they were advertising for handlers back in April).  You have to thank the wonders of capitalism for your delay.

Its still his responsibility though isn't it. Or more correctly accountability. You can't contract out accountability.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

On 12/22/2021 at 7:05 PM, Roger Mexico said:

Nothing to do with Spake though.  Baggage handling has been privatised and is in the hands of Menzies Aviation (they were advertising for handlers back in April).  You have to thank the wonders of capitalism for your delay.

Who pays Menzies for the service they do/dont provide then ?. Sorry but it so is the airport management responsibility to check on services provided and ensure they are up to scratch. We have one airport for gods sake , with limited flights currently , how hard can it be to keep check on the day to day operation. And if not the airport management who would you suggest should be overseeing it !!???. Like everything nobody takes any responsibility for anything . Look at the Prom , Liverpool landing stage and just about anything they touch over here and with a massive CS and management setup in place . Zero accountability at every level. Even our MHK's duck and dive at the slightest sign of conflict. Just write a bigger cheque , lessons learned etc etc . Bullshit all bullshit . Yes I'm fucking angry !! 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 7

55 minutes ago, snowman said:

Menzies are contracted by the airlines. They're recruiting now. https://careers.jmenzies.com/aviation/vacancy/ramp-agent-isle-of-man-/7805/description/

Ideal employment for one or two ex-MHKs. Messrs Harmer, Baker, Boot et al - queue this side....

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ringy Rose said:

No, it isn't, Menzies are contracted by the airlines. 

Of course its his problem, he is supposed to be providing an airport that works.

If that involves sub contracting or even sub, sub contracting, he should have sight of those contracts and make sure they are fit for purpose and that the sub contractors are performing.

Your argument is like saying the works on the prom are not the DOIs responsibility because they sub contracted to Auldyn.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

44 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

Of course its his problem, he is supposed to be providing an airport that works.

If that involves sub contracting or even sub, sub contracting, he should have sight of those contracts and make sure they are fit for purpose and that the sub contractors are performing.

Your argument is like saying the works on the prom are not the DOIs responsibility because they sub contracted to Auldyn.

You're demonstrating a complete lack of understanding. What you suggest is not not how any airport operates

• Like 1
  • Confused 1