Airport.

Billy kettlefish

Going 48 hours ahead is overkill. I went 24 hours ahead, and if the morning EasyJet was cancelled there was time to get the ferry to Liverpool then the train to Euston.

The other option is to book through tickets, especially for long haul. You can codeshare onto Emirates and BA via Loganair, and if it gets cancelled it’s their problem. I’m coming back on a BA through ticket from London.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ringy Rose said:

Going 48 hours ahead is overkill. I went 24 hours ahead, and if the morning EasyJet was cancelled there was time to get the ferry to Liverpool then the train to Euston.

The other option is to book through tickets, especially for long haul. You can codeshare onto Emirates and BA via Loganair, and if it gets cancelled it’s their problem. I’m coming back on a BA through ticket from London.

This on both counts.

EasyJet are a budget airline, handy for a cheap escape but not to be trusted for an important trip.

16 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

EasyJet are a budget airline, handy for a cheap escape but not to be trusted for an important trip.

I do have to point out that if you look at the April cancellations, easyJet have about the same rate of cancellations as the other airlines.  We just hear about them more because more people travel with them and so more people are affected.  There will be specific easyJet factors and specific IOM Airport ones involved but other factors will be similarly acting on other airlines and airports at the other ends of routes.  However there are wider aviation issues causing growing cancellations as well - and everyone seems to be forgetting how last Summer went.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Roger Mexico said:

I do have to point out that if you look at the April cancellations, easyJet have about the same rate of cancellations as the other airlines.  We just hear about them more because more people travel with them and so more people are affected.  There will be specific easyJet factors and specific IOM Airport ones involved but other factors will be similarly acting on other airlines and airports at the other ends of routes.  However there are wider aviation issues causing growing cancellations as well - and everyone seems to be forgetting how last Summer went.

Yes, but if you are booked as was suggested with through tickets then you aren’t left out of pocket

1 hour ago, Asthehills said:

This on both counts.

If you book a through trip with easyJet via Dohop you are now covered for cancellation of a leg & Dohop will rebook you or refund etc, it’s a small additional fee, think it was c£10 for one way to spain.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ringy Rose said:

Think you will find Emirates isnt codeshare but partner. Had this out with a Emirates booking guy when querying my Loganair departure leg for a booked through trip to Thailand. Also Manchester won’t accept book through luggage from here as confirmed by both Logan Air and Emirates. Had to change my flight to day before as the timing was to tight in my view with current issues .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

Out of curiosity, I kept an informal record of easyJet cancellations in June. The overall rate was just under 10%, and on Gatwick it was 17%. Where a flight was 'delayed overnight' I didn't count that as a cancellation, but I think the CAA do, so their figures, in due course, will be a bit higher.

Of course this includes all reasons (like B737 emergency) so not all are easyJet's fault, but most are on the late PM flight, and were due to late running. 

@Stu Peters  I'm curious what you, as the Department Member for Ports, have to say about this? Are you, the Minister, or your officers talking, in robust terms, to easyJet about this dismal showing, or are you all too scared in case you upset them, and they take their toys away?

Edited by Nellie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Nellie said:

@Stu Peters  I'm curious what you, as the Department Member for Ports, have to say about this? Are you, the Minister, or your officers talking to easyJet about this dismal showing, or are you all too scared in case you upset them, and they take their toys away?

There may be a delay in response to that question...as following his lobotomy Stu is likely busy recharging...

s-l1200.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Think you will find Emirates isnt codeshare but partner. Had this out with an Emirates booking guy when querying my Loganair departure leg for a booked through trip to Thailand. Also Manchester won’t accept book through luggage from here as confirmed by both Logan Air and Emirates.

No real difference between a partner and a codeshare, if it goes wrong it’s their problem not yours as it’s a through ticket. You might have a wait but you won’t be out of pocket.

You can’t check your luggage through Manchester because of that airport’s ongoing issues. But it’s not a huge problem to collect and re-check.

Edited by Ringy Rose

32 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

There may be a delay in response to that question...as following his lobotomy Stu is likely busy recharging...

s-l1200.jpg

he was certainly assimilated into the tynwald regime at a record pace.

41 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Out of curiosity, I kept an informal record of easyJet cancellations in June. The overall rate was just under 10%, and on Gatwick it was 17%. Where a flight was 'delayed overnight' I didn't count that as a cancellation, but I think the CAA do, so their figures, in due course, will be a bit higher.

Of course this includes all reasons (like B737 emergency) so not all are easyJet's fault, but most are on the late PM flight, and were due to late running. 

@Stu Peters  I'm curious what you, as the Department Member for Ports, have to say about this? Are you, the Minister, or your officers talking, in robust terms, to easyJet about this dismal showing, or are you all too scared in case you upset them, and they take their toys away?

Stu and a couple of other Govt shills are presently too busy defending the new airport parking charges regime on FB to answer your questions...

• Like 3