Airport.

Billy kettlefish

8 minutes ago, snowman said:

Have a look at the notam 😷

FFS the place is a fxxxxxg shambles, I have never known anywhere so badly run it's almost unbelievable !

Alf Cannan needs to find out why this farce is draining taxpayers money at an alarming rate but is really a shit show !

If you go back to 2006 I bet 100 million has gone into the place !

Edited by asitis
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, IOM said:

I disagree. With Heathrow there are options ( Heathrow Express or Piccadilly line ) London City ( DLR or bus even a taxi is not too bad as so central)  . Am not even sure it should be called London Gatwick as it is so far out . 

But there are options for Gatwick as well Southern are still running to London Bridge (and Croydon East) and other operators to non-London destinations (such as Reading) or trans-London ones such as Peterborough.  It's just that, as often happens, a London terminus is closed for planned maintenance during a holiday period.

People really have to abandon this fantasy that the Island 'needs' a Heathrow link, despite having managed without for so long.  City is useful for those doing business in Central London and for those who live central-ish London, but there may be questions over its long-term viability.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, asitis said:

I am reliably informed that the airport director wants the airport to only operate 7am to 3pm because of staff issues !

There was a meeting about this today apparently !

But of course he's a moron !

Was this the actual (Acting pulled back from retirement) Director or that balloon on a stick, Spake?

21 minutes ago, asitis said:

Balloon !

Another no mark idiot recruited to IOMG in a position of authority with clearly no qualifications or CV to justify his position. Thing is , whos winning in the sweep stake , long term serial offender now removed Black , Charters , the answer to NZ 's tourist industry , Reynolds , a consistant 'performer ' or DOI for a joint effort in costing us millions. Any other late entrants !?? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

35 minutes ago, snowman said:

The long term solution is a remote ATC 

TBH the long term solution would have been, to forget trying to be Heathrow on Sea, and concentrate on being an efficient regional airport serving the island ! Somewhere we forgot that, and got excited by direct holidays and longer flights to the Med and beyond and two million plus passengers and terminal shops etc etc ! Now look where we are ! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Another no mark idiot recruited to IOMG in a position of authority with clearly no qualifications or CV to justify his position. Thing is , whos winning in the sweep stake , long term serial offender now removed Black , Charters , the answer to NZ 's tourist industry , Reynolds , a consistant 'performer ' or DOI for a joint effort in costing us millions. Any other late entrants !?? 

Longworth maybe coming up on the rails !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, asitis said:

I am reliably informed that the airport director wants the airport to only operate 7am to 3pm because of staff issues !

There was a meeting about this today apparently !

But of course he's a moron !

Do you mean for tomorrow only or long term?

If long term, it will play merry hell with patient transfers and result in paying out for hotel rooms on top of flight cost. 

24 minutes ago, Zarley said:

Do you mean for tomorrow only or long term?

If long term, it will play merry hell with patient transfers and result in paying out for hotel rooms on top of flight cost. 

Well my conversation today didn't seem to be a one day affair, we did discuss the implications for aircraft and crew positioning, something maybe daft lad hadn't considered !

• Thanks 3