Airport.

Billy kettlefish

5 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well I’ve agreed a refund as that was one of only three options presented to me ( take flight, voucher or refund). There was of course no mention of pursuing compensation or that accepting a refund would preclude one from doing so.

From my reading I believe the conditions for compensation have been met being less than two weeks notice of cancellation, and alternative flight offering being more than five hours after original flight. Subject to of course EJ not saying cancellation was not their fault.

I have also read articles and advice that in such circumstances both refund and compensation may be payable.

I will submit my claim and see what happens.

Too late now but I think you could have moved the flights to a future date and used them and still claimed the uk261 compo.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, The Phantom said:

I've got clients over this week.  Had 4 cancelled over the last few weeks.  We'll see how this works out.  It's almost at the point where I'm going to have to tell clients to not bother coming over.  It's a waste of everyone's time arranging meetings, lunch, hotels...

Thanks to this morning's cancellation, it's now 5 client visits binned over the last few weeks!

It's not just a waste of time for my client and I.  A local restaurant is now missing out on a lunch for 6 and a Hotel is now cancelled. 

Answers please; should I now just tell clients to not bother coming here? 

In true form, another poorly timed ironic joke, there is a conference tomorrow trying to attract business on the Island.  The current situation would suggest it's going to be held on Island for Island residents, as no one else will be able to get here! 

https://www.isleofmanexpo.com/

Edited by The Phantom
  • Like 1
  • Sad 5

16 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Thanks to this morning's cancellation, it's now 5 client visits binned over the last few weeks!

It's not just a waste of time for my client and I.  A local restaurant is now missing out on a lunch for 6 and a Hotel is now cancelled. 

In true form, another poorly timed ironic joke, there is a conference tomorrow trying to attract business on the Island.  The current situation would suggest it's going to be held on Island for Island residents, as no one else will be able to get here! 

“150+ flights per week to 10 UK and Ireland destinations”

Yeah right 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, cheesypeas said:

Wonder if 'Locate' are even bothered. Still get paid innit.

If they were on commission, we'd hit that extra population figure a lot quicker (via the ferry). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Roxanne said:

When Manx Airlines closed there wasn’t one voice (apart from a politician or two) who thought it was a good move. The combined voices of dissent forecast that it would end up a shit show. As ever, they were right. 

Most of the people whinging about the airport aren't people who've struggled and saved to take their kids on holiday - they're greedy demanding ultra capitalists who need to learn some lessons. 

"Oh oh I can't go to a business meeting to discuss our latest acquisition which we'll totally gut and leave the people it served with nothing"

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Most of the people whinging about the airport aren't people who've struggled and saved to take their kids on holiday - they're greedy demanding ultra capitalists who need to learn some lessons. 

"Oh oh I can't go to a business meeting to discuss our latest acquisition which we'll totally gut and leave the people it served with nothing"

You forget that the so called ultra capitalists that you describe  are probably the ones keeping  the economy alive.

A family who is on a combined 40 k or so  pays only a few % in tax and is in effect a net drain on the government 

That's the harsh reality. 

Edited by mad_manx
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Which flight cancelled & what was reason given?

4 minutes ago, Banker said:

Which flight cancelled & what was reason given?

Easyjet Gatwick was supposed to be landing at 11ish.   Oddly it's not even showing on the airport website. 

No idea of the reason.  Client just emailed me to say cancelled.  He didn't get an email from them, so had gone to the airport to be told there at 8am. 

43 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Easyjet Gatwick was supposed to be landing at 11ish.   Oddly it's not even showing on the airport website. 

No idea of the reason.  Client just emailed me to say cancelled.  He didn't get an email from them, so had gone to the airport to be told there at 8am. 

is this a wind up

you and the client sound like fools

Edited by newaccount

1 hour ago, mad_manx said:

You forget that the so called ultra capitalists that you describe  are probably the ones keeping  the economy alive.

A family who is on a combined 40 k or so  pays only a few % in tax and is in effect a net drain on the government 

That's the harsh reality. 

I don't forget at all. 

But all of the time all that matters is the shareholder dividend and executive bonus, and all of the time what you get is a more expensive and worse service. And its not the fault of 'the poor' is it.

Nice to be considered a net drain on society, thanks very much,

• Like 4
  • Haha 1