Airport.

Billy kettlefish

2 hours ago, Two-lane said:

Could it be that IoM CAA thinks the controllers are not getting enough rest breaks?

Well theres definitely questions as to how they managed during TT fortnight with only I believe a delay on the final weekend. No ATC breaks it would seem affecting schedule . Interesting to know how that was managed?. 

Edited by Numbnuts

24 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Well theres definitely questions as to how they managed during TT fortnight with only I believe a delay on the final weekend. No ATC breaks it would seem affecting schedule . Interesting to know how that was managed?. 

And I thought I was being sarcastic....

• Like 1

It gets crappier.

I am reluctantly using the Ringgo parking app for a trip away this week (;assuming I get away)

I have used it before, lastly before the parking was divided into standard and premium.

When I log into the app it only offers me premium parking (ref 35800) which I don’t want.

After going round in circles I have managed to ascertain that the standard parking ref is 35801 but can I choose that option? Can I heck.

I am presented with a pre populated field of 35800 which I can’t seem able to change. So for this short trip I’m being ripped off by £5

I know I sound like Rox’s judge character ( again) but I’m sick of all this airport nonsense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It’s not to do with ATCO breaks - they are a professional and disciplined bunch and wouldn’t have stood for anything irregular being imposed upon them.

I can only assume that someone with knowledge of a certain situation must be significantly concerned about it to have raised this with Paul Moulton. Now that a Pandora’s box has seemingly been opened, if there is any truth to what is being alleged, we will surely see some serious ass covering happening very soon.

Edited by madmanxpilot
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

It gets crappier.

I am reluctantly using the Ringgo parking app for a trip away this week (;assuming I get away)

I have used it before, lastly before the parking was divided into standard and premium.

When I log into the app it only offers me premium parking (ref 35800) which I don’t want.

After going round in circles I have managed to ascertain that the standard parking ref is 35801 but can I choose that option? Can I heck.

I am presented with a pre populated field of 35800 which I can’t seem able to change. So for this short trip I’m being ripped off by £5

I know I sound like Rox’s judge character ( again) but I’m sick of all this airport nonsense.

The Voice of Reason wrote:

Hi everyone on the internet. 

I don't know how to use an app.

Check me out 

Use the map and select the blue P

Screenshot_2023-07-16-15-00-26-848-edit_co.uk.ringgo.android.jpg

Edited by newaccount

This is what I get.

All the pinky purple bits are blue badge areas.

I have managed by luck to click on the third button down on the right hand side which does allow you to pick standard parking. 

Hardly clear though is it?

OK they may have changed it since my last post but it doesn’t explain why when I come to pay for parking it defaults to the premium space/rate..

To catch out and rip off the unwary I suspect.

IMG_0093.thumb.png.1dce295f9ed159534905208706e71885.png

Edited by The Voice of Reason
Addition of last two paras
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

This is the sort of thing that our airport management think we need at Ronaldsway to solve the problems...let our delayed passengers while away their hours....

20230420_120615.jpg

Getting a coffee with a smile and a clean table to put it on would do me.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

No but I remember(just) Gore's in an altered state. 🤯

Gore's rock shop was great.  They made the rock in the shop and had a viewing platform to watch.  The guys were very adept at throwing melted sugar around and rolling it to make sticks of rock as well as put the three legs through the middle of it. It was quite spectacular.   

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Gore's rock shop was great.  They made the rock in the shop and had a viewing platform to watch.  The guys were very adept at throwing melted sugar around and rolling it to make sticks of rock as well as put the three legs through the middle of it. It was quite spectacular.   

I just loved the smell. If you stayed long enough it seemed to impregnate your very being. I can still smell it now! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

This is what I get.

All the pinky purple bits are blue badge areas.

I have managed by luck to click on the third button down on the right hand side which does allow you to pick standard parking. 

Hardly clear though is it?

OK they may have changed it since my last post but it doesn’t explain why when I come to pay for parking it defaults to the premium space/rate..

To catch out and rip off the unwary I suspect.

IMG_0093.thumb.png.1dce295f9ed159534905208706e71885.png

You’re right. It’s very poor. I would also hate it if I had to use it. That’s why I never leave the house.