Airport.

Billy kettlefish

1 hour ago, asitis said:

I see Jeremy is at Heathrow again tomorrow with Jet Blue and Ethiopian airlines for his BBC series.

Can anyone tell me as a taxpayer why in hell we pay his salary ? The airport is a shambles.

He should NEVER have been appointed in the first place.  Another government failure. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, asitis said:

I see Jeremy is at Heathrow again tomorrow with Jet Blue and Ethiopian airlines for his BBC series.

Can anyone tell me as a taxpayer why in hell we pay his salary ? The airport is a shambles.

But think how much worse it would be if he was here. 

And people complain they don't get anything for the licence fee!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Paulos The Great said:

He is. Does he actually get paid by the Manx taxpayer while he’s swanning round Heathrow for the BBC? 

803811B0-606D-43DB-8F60-95F600023EBD.jpeg

Perhaps he may slip in the words ‘in the Isle of Man …….. where you can’. Perhaps the Starship Enterprise are hoping his antics will bring in 500,000 tourists this year, and thousands will want to relocate here. Who knows we may get an Ethiopian Bank or two. 

Edited by 2112
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Perhaps he may slip in the words ‘in the Isle of Man …….. where you can’. Perhaps the Starship Enterprise are hoping his antics will bring in 500,000 tourists this year, and thousands will want to relocate here. Who knows we may get an Ethiopian Bank or two. 

I’m not sure how long filming takes but I’d be annoyed if we’re paying this wazzock for not running our airport on top of him getting his BBC fee for mincing round Heathrow with a camera crew. 

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, snowman said:

One assumes he is either on unpaid leave or annual leave. So therefore I dont give a fuck what he does outside of work

But they’re supposed to be short staffed. They needed an interim airport director appointing as they had no bandwidth so how can he get unpaid leave for this? They should be explaining clearly what his status is while he’s working for the BBC while also being a paid employee of IOM Government. 

• Like 8

So Mr TV personality swans around Heathrow, whilst we have a long known about staffing crisis in ATC which is causing closures, we have a runway which should have been open weeks ago but some clowns forgot to order the lighting, the electric security gates don't work so electronic passes are useless, we are erecting temporary marquees or something like that to house equipment which won't fit in the fire station, I could go on about the state of the airport.

For me he is either deputy director, which begs the question when the chief clown went why wasn't he made director ? I think we all know the answer to that.

We don't need a xxxxxxx media team , what we need is an efficient island airport and flights serving the populace.

FFS my dog could run the place better.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, asitis said:

So Mr TV personality swans around Heathrow, whilst we have a long known about staffing crisis in ATC which is causing closures, we have a runway which should have been open weeks ago but some clowns forgot to order the lighting, the electric security gates don't work so electronic passes are useless, we are erecting temporary marquees or something like that to house equipment which won't fit in the fire station, I could go on about the state of the airport.

For me he is either deputy director, which begs the question when the chief clown went why wasn't he made director ? I think we all know the answer to that.

We don't need a xxxxxxx media team , what we need is an efficient island airport and flights serving the populace.

FFS my dog could run the place better.

Your dog would probably make a good alternative to Chef Minister - could make anymore of a dogs breakfast of things,

2 minutes ago, forestboy said:

Don’t think that is quite fair. 
Give him a bit more time. He’s got a lot to put right. 

He is better than Quayle, but only marginally. Alf in particular held the influence and purse strings for the Promenade and Liverpool Landing Stage, but he flunked that one - he was part of the problem as opposed to being part of the solution. Still it’s only taxpayers cash, the cupboard will soon be bare. Mother Hubbard will have nowhere to go. If Alf can actually grow a set and take action on these two issues and send a clear message to the Civil Sevice, then he would gain real respect and be seen as a proper Chief Minister.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Current CM isnt the problem. Its the last one that failed miserable. What a legacy he left ! 

No argument with that, but I still think Alf sat idly by and did nothing and said nothing. If he sacrificed his position to actively offer constructive criticism and he was dismissed from the role, I would say well done for being honest. Chris Thomas had issues and paid the price. Nobody is prepared to rock the boat or open their mouths for fear of losing out in terms of salary.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, 2112 said:

No argument with that, but I still think Alf sat idly by and did nothing and said nothing. If he sacrificed his position to actively offer constructive criticism and he was dismissed from the role, I would say well done for being honest. Chris Thomas had issues and paid the price. Nobody is prepared to rock the boat or open their mouths for fear of losing out in terms of salary.

I agree with lots of your points and its a mystery to me why when Treasury minister he didnt say more or put his foot down. But tbh who knows how it all works in the higher echelons. Maybe when appointed by Quayle part of the deal was he had  to back him. We will never know I guess.

• Like 1