Airport.

Billy kettlefish

Used the service over the weekend. 

Left on Thursday, 2 hour delay. 

Back last night, one hour delay. 

Easyjet are a bit of a mess not just here, but at Gatwick too. We get the gate about half an hour before we were due to leave last night. It was obvious then we weren't going on time. 

Ended up not at the usual gate and moved around to the aircraft by bus. TBF to the staff, when it was decided what was happening, it was all handled very well and as efficiently as possible.

Was like a scene from The Walking Dead coming into the airport and seeing the ones with the need to be at the very front pushed right up against the door.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Thomas has been sacked. 

Cannan taking charge himself.

After getting ILS upgraded to Cat 3 as well....how ungrateful.. 🤭

Let's tot up the political victim count now for the DOI. Gawne, Harmer, Baker, Crookall got the hell out just in time and now Thomas. I think that's all or are there any others?

When is somebody going to actually get a grip of this Department of complete noshers?

Edited by Non-Believer
extra bit

19 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

It seems the ass covering I alluded to yesterday has begun.

Cannan has been very noticeable by his absence throughout this and other government matters.  There has been a groundswell of public opinion growing for many months over the ridiculous state the airport is in.  I suspect the business community made their feelings known to the CM and rightly so.  Thomas never really seemed to have any urgency to remedy any issue. 

• Like 3

Don’t worry Mr Thomas, only 10% of flights were late - just like that 10% car tax rise.

Alf must have a holiday coming up with connecting flights.  His Excellency Field Vice Marshall Admiral Pope Ashford is short of a full pay day these days.  He ain’t got much to do over the long summer holiday.  He can sort all the paperwork too.   Give it to him.   What’s not to like about that idea?

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Thomas has been sacked. 

Cannan taking charge himself.

I have less faith in Cannan's abilities than Thomas's. However, he must be the first CM to hand the poison chalice to himself. 

27 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

After getting ILS upgraded to Cat 3 as well....how ungrateful.. 🤭

Let's tot up the political victim count now for the DOI. Gawne, Harmer, Baker, Crookall got the hell out just in time and now Thomas. I think that's all or are there any others?

Anderson?