Airport.

Billy kettlefish

1 minute ago, offshoremanxman said:

I made one post consisting of 5 words. I deleted it as you then acted like a child over it when it was a perfectly inoffensive post but it distracted from everything else. 

Ah ok.  Thanks for the explanation.

I must get my iPad booked in for repair then because it invented another post that it appears you knew nothing about but which has now gone.

I will give IQ a shout.  They are very helpful so thanks for helping alert me to what is clearly an issue with my setup.

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Alberttwatmunch said:

Ah ok.  Thanks for the explanation.

I must get my iPad booked in for repair then because it invented another post that it appears you knew nothing about but which has now gone.

I will give IQ a shout.  They are very helpful so thanks for helping alert me to what is clearly an issue with my setup.

Theres likely somebody lost their life and we're back to this shit once again. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Whether or not it's related to the current clown show at the airport and the appearance we are now in the CAA version of detention, this is really bad timing! 

can you clarify the bit in bold 

Edited by newaccount

Whether or not it's related to the current clown show at the airport and the appearance we are now in the CAA version of detention, this is really bad timing! 

To be honest the attitude of the police is leading some folk on Twitter to speculate that way. They could try to handle the messaging better whilst keeping the public informed. You just hope the pilot and anyone else concerned is ok which I’m sure will lead to further speculation until they can provide an update on that. 

2 minutes ago, newaccount said:

can you clarify the bit in bold 

Paul Molton's announcement this morning/last night that the CAA have serious concerns about the DOI's suitability to run an airport. 

3 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

You just hope the pilot and anyone else concerned is ok which I’m sure will lead to further speculation until they can provide an update on that. 

Unlikely looking at where the smoke is coming from.  Just round the headland from the old mines you can see from Pt Erin, the cliff is a few 100 ft vertical (or overhanging).  Hopefully I'm wrong. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Paul Molton's announcement this morning/last night that the CAA have serious concerns about the DOI's suitability to run an airport. 

Doubt a plane crashing into Bradda Head would have anything to do with ATC etc , anymore than offshore mancs post saying the route they were taking was bizarre 

• Like 1

Unlikely looking at where the smoke is coming from.  Just round the headland from the old mines you can see from Pt Erin, the cliff is a few 100 ft vertical (or overhanging).  Hopefully I'm wrong. 

Yes you have to have hope though but agree it’s a very tricky spot that will be very challenging to the emergency services.