Airport.

Billy kettlefish

1 minute ago, Banker said:

Doubt a plane crashing into Bradda Head would have anything to do with ATC etc , anymore than offshore mancs post saying the route they were taking was bizarre 

Agreed.  Probably nothing to do with it.  But it is just bad timing when our Airport is already under the regulatory spotlight.  Light aircraft routes are often bizarre.  They just go out for a joy ride, I see them all the time buzzing about up and down the coast doing loops. 

50 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

To be honest the attitude of the police is leading some folk on Twitter to speculate that way. They could try to handle the messaging better whilst keeping the public informed. You just hope the pilot and anyone else concerned is ok which I’m sure will lead to further speculation until they can provide an update on that. 

The cops haven't really grasped these days that public confidence and public trust depends on media coverage. A 2 minute talking head piece usually covers it so they can get on with investigating.

Not just the IOM I'd add - which is bizarre when most UK police comms is run by ex journos

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

The cops haven't really grasped these days that public confidence and public trust depends on media coverage. A 2 minute talking head piece usually covers it so they can get on with investigating.

Not just the IOM I'd add - which is bizarre when most UK police comms is run by ex journos

People though are never happy and want all the details straight away and if it doesn't suit their narrative then they just call it all a cover up etc. Look at the nonsense spouted by people when that lady in the UK fell in the river. Police gave details loads of people said nah husband was having an affair and bumped her off. 

Fact is to many people have to little going on in their life they need to find drama from somewhere 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Worked really well when that woman fell in the river in Lancaster. The police said they thought she’d fallen in the river but, no, the amateur sleuths knew better and hounded the family and hounded the police with all sorts of outlandish crap. In the end the police had to reveal a lot of personal information just to shut them up. Turns out she fell in the river.

As for this incident, you can see the plane’s path on FlightRadar24 if you’re so inclined. Beyond that it’s just rubber-necking.

On the latest video chat between Paul Moulton and Chris Robertshaw, CR states he knows some of the issues at the airport and is now not flying as a result and he's taking the boat.

I think he needs to state what the issues are and let others decide form themselves given receipt of the same information. It's highly irresponsible to make such a throw away remark 

32 minutes ago, newaccount said:

On the latest video chat between Paul Moulton and Chris Robertshaw, CR states he knows some of the issues at the airport and is now not flying as a result and he's taking the boat.

I think he needs to state what the issues are and let others decide form themselves given receipt of the same information. It's highly irresponsible to make such a throw away remark 

Yea that was a very strange statement to make. 

The statement referred to above is at about 18:33.

I'm not too happy about people in the know saying "I'm not flying until the airport is sorted out" without letting us insignificants know what the problem is. Moulton should have pressed him on the subject.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Two-lane said:

The statement referred to above is at about 18:33.

I'm not too happy about people in the know saying "I'm not flying until the airport is sorted out" without letting us insignificants know what the problem is. Moulton should have pressed him on the subject.

But isn't he just referring to the shitty cancellations and unreliability? I don't think it's anything sinister, just I'm not flying until they sort their problems out. I mean most people are thinking the same, it's not worth the hassle.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

But isn't he just referring to the shitty cancellations and unreliability? I don't think it's anything sinister, just I'm not flying until they sort their problems out. I mean most people are thinking the same, it's not worth the hassle.

That may be so. Here is the context:

PM: but I mean you know the airport is huge issue itself I mean again I've got something coming up at the moment about
the potentially if this was a UK airport it might have to be closed because there's all sorts of issues going on
there when we don't know all them in the public domain I know very few of them
other than other ones

CR: I'm not now flying I'm going by ferry and such until I said Till such time as I trust the the airport again which I I don't currently

3 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

That may be so. Here is the context:

PM: but I mean you know the airport is huge issue itself I mean again I've got something coming up at the moment about
the potentially if this was a UK airport it might have to be closed because there's all sorts of issues going on
there when we don't know all them in the public domain I know very few of them
other than other ones

CR: I'm not now flying I'm going by ferry and such until I said Till such time as I trust the the airport again which I I don't currently

I’m with Slinky. I think you’re reading too much into it. If the big boys at UK CAA thought the issues were serious enough, the airport would already be closed. 

• Like 8