Airport.

Billy kettlefish

1 hour ago, Two-lane said:

Has the SAC SAG published any documentation?

Couldn't find much.  A reference in some Visit Isle of Man minutes makes it sound like another talking shop.

Of course the idea that this Board is supposed to ensure that its decisions are implemented while not actually having an decision making power to do so, shows how little these things are thought through.  As always it's more about avoiding responsibility rather than making things work.

Edited by Roger Mexico
Typo

9 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Couldn't find much.

Thanks. I also found that and was unfortunately not surprised. 17 people for 3 hours. Some discussion of lunch and coffee and cakes (although maybe some of that was for volunteers). Hooper was there. No wonder he does not have time to make minor decisions about legal action against blokes with cameras.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

But over 15,000 used Gatwick, three times City and Heathrow together.  And more used Dublin than those two together.  I thought business people were all supposed to be terribly keen on the market.   If there's not enough traffic to support these routes, why should these allegedly well-off people demand subsidies?

But you make a huge assumption that business people are all baked into the 15000 number . It’s a shame you and others only see the world as one or maximum two flights a day at random inconvenient times . Let’s see what people have to say if that is all that is left ! 

And I might argue those 15000 people had a huge subsidy the day the runway was extended to get EasyJet to come here . And I know you will say they were flying here before it was complete but the evidence is there that is what was they asked for to get them flying here . 

1 hour ago, IOM said:

It’s worth noting they over 5000 people used the London City and Heathrow services in June that’s not an insignificant number . It’s also worth noting that these services represent the only sensible way to have a London day return flight or even on some days getting back to London at a reasonable hour . I don’t think there are many business people who would like the idea of getting back to London at 2am if they have been on business here ! But then again so many posters on here don’t realise it’s business people who bring investment to the island and help ! 

Heathrow doesn’t offer a day return option does it? Lunchtime out of here. City works better. Even then, it’s only a couple of days a week out of here as a red eye. 

1 minute ago, cheesypeas said:

Heathrow doesn’t offer a day return option does it? Lunchtime out of here. City works better. Even then, it’s only a couple of days a week out of here as a red eye. 

No but with the Loganair flights there are options you can go out to London City return with London City or go out London City return Gatwick or go to Gatwick come back on the evening London City . I just don’t get why anyone would want to get back to London at 2am which is what you get if and assuming if the late flight operates on the days when it is the only Gatwick flight anyway . 

Personally I’d like to see if the number crunching looks favourable for a local tie up with Aurigny. Get a couple of ATR’s based here. Day return to Gatwick. Plus a day return option to LPL, throw a couple of LPL / MAN / maybe BHX in the mix too. 

….and get CatII installed

Edited by cheesypeas
Added a bit of pussy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WTF said:

we had a collection for EJ if they kept you off island for a bit longer, we raised a fortune.

What a sad world you live in where expecting basic services to work is reason enough to be abusive to someone. Maybe you’ll get your wish as the flight is already delayed. So frustrating. All I want is reliable air travel. 

21B1E7A5-6993-427A-A74B-B1CB940B13A3.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

What a sad world you live in where expecting basic services to work is reason enough to be abusive to someone.

In my short experience of this forum, I would say that if you are looking for sympathy and understanding the religious thread would be a better place - that's where miracles are discussed.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

What a sad world you live in where expecting basic services to work is reason enough to be abusive to someone. Maybe you’ll get your wish as the flight is already delayed. So frustrating. All I want is reliable air travel. 

all some other people wanted was weekly bin collections , we can't always get what we want.   and you reckon a joke = abuse ??  and they say germans have no sense of humour,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, WTF said:

all some other people wanted was weekly bin collections , we can't always get what we want.   and you reckon a joke = abuse ??  and they say germans have no sense of humour,

Sure, now it’s a joke. Any excuse for anti DBC abuse, as usual. 

Fact is I can fly halfway around the world without delays or issues but then get stuck on the last leg and as we would say in German, die MHKs haben den Schuss nicht gehört. I’m growing so tired of this shit. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

WTF made a quite innocent joke compared to the bile being going on here lately. 

The screenshot above shows a relatively short delay. I’m sure many would take that over the long delays/ cancellations that have recently been happening.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Fact is I can fly halfway around the world without delays or issues but then get stuck on the last leg and as we would say in German, die MHKs haben den Schuss nicht gehört. I’m growing so tired of this shit. 

Just get a one way flight back to Germany then. Bye 👋 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Fact is I can fly halfway around the world without delays or issues 

Can you really? That’s a fact is it?

Having been in UK airports looking at the departures board an awful lot of departures are delayed or cancelled, to all parts of the world.

I am not defending the situation in the IOM, yes it’s a disgrace. But you can’t just make stuff up to make your case seem stronger than it actually is.

• Like 1