Airport.

Billy kettlefish

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Can you really? That’s a fact is it?

Having been in UK airports looking at the departures board an awful lot of departures are delayed or cancelled, to all parts of the world.

I am not defending the situation in the IOM, yes it’s a disgrace. But you can’t just make stuff up to make your case seem stronger than it actually is.

I’ve just flown halfway around the world, again, without any issues. Like many times before with various airlines like BA/Eithad/Emirates/Qatar.  Maybe long haul is more reliable, maybe I’m lucky, but EasyJet sure has gone down the shitter in service levels in recent times. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

I’ve just flown halfway around the world, again, without any issues. Like many times before with various airlines like BA/Eithad/Emirates/Qatar.  Maybe long haul is more reliable, maybe I’m lucky, but EasyJet sure has gone down the shitter in service levels in recent times. 

Daphne won't be happy with you! 

5110e851d2fd02a9e242388d0807b4a4f5dbe2a7 (1).jpg

30 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

WTF made a quite innocent joke compared to the bile being going on here lately. 

The screenshot above shows a relatively short delay. I’m sure many would take that over the long delays/ cancellations that have recently been happening.

The original flight I was supposed to be on was already cancelled. So I’m on cancelled plus delayed (hopefully only). 

18 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

You are wasting your time Amadeus,

The island knows better, hence the Boat in The Morning and that follows how well it is doing now in comparison to other places.

I tried when I was there but you get worn down with the NIMBY/ Crab action. Hell I even joined the Lodge but no, the status quo must prevail to the loss of the many.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

The original flight I was supposed to be on was already cancelled. So I’m on cancelled plus delayed (hopefully only). 

nobody cares,  :flowers:

edited to add a flower so some people can get the humour,

Edited by WTF

7 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Stuck in Gatwick all days because EasyJet cancelled the earlier flight from their schedule after I had booked it. What are the chances the evening one will actually go? Just what you want after 20 hours and two long haul flights. Another unnecessary 12 hour layover because we can’t get proper air connections sorted. 

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well you didn’t say that. We’re not psychic you know.

Actually, he did

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Zarley said:

@madmanxpilot gets my vote!

Thank you.

I would expect that the likelihood of improving the ability of the airport to allow it to carry out its main function of handling aeroplanes would be best served by face to face minuted discussions between those who know what is needed to achieve this and those who control the purse strings. That is surely a fairly straightforward one off cost versus long term benefit type of decision that needs to be made. Importantly, the benefits must be viewed in their entirety, not simply in pure monetary terms.

We also need to seriously consider how to best guarantee frequent and reliable air services. These must be protected from as many of the causes of delay and cancellation we are currently seeing. 

I hope whoever secures the aviation advisor role focuses on these two topics as a priority.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, madmanxpilot said:

Thank you.

I would expect that the likelihood of improving the ability of the airport to allow it to carry out its main function of handling aeroplanes would be best served by face to face minuted discussions between those who know what is needed to achieve this and those who control the purse strings. That is surely a fairly straightforward one off cost versus long term benefit type of decision that needs to be made. Importantly, the benefits must be viewed in their entirety, not simply in pure monetary terms.

We also need to seriously consider how to best guarantee frequent and reliable air services. These must be protected from as many of the causes of delay and cancellation we are currently seeing. 

I hope whoever secures the aviation advisor role focuses on these two topics as a priority.

Please say you're applying for the post? Maybe, just maybe, you'd be able to get the attention of someone who will listen to what you have to say, someone who can actually make good things happen. If it turns out to be a futile endeavour, at least you'll have tried.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Zarley said:

Please say you're applying for the post? Maybe, just maybe, you'd be able to get the attention of someone who will listen to what you have to say, someone who can actually make good things happen. If it turns out to be a futile endeavour, at least you'll have tried.

I fear that so much will depend as much if not more on who is on the interview panel, than who applies. 

12 minutes ago, Zarley said:

Thanks again.

Holding an official position with a remit to contribute towards a course of action that would minimise delayed and cancelled flights with all of the inconvenience, stress and cost they cause to individuals and businesses alike, is certainly a very appealing prospect.

Mrs MMP certainly thinks I should put my hat in the ring.

We'll see 😉

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

Thanks again.

Holding an official position with a remit to contribute towards a course of action that would minimise delayed and cancelled flights with all of the inconvenience, stress and cost they cause to individuals and businesses alike, is certainly a very appealing prospect.

Mrs MMP certainly thinks I should put my hat in the ring.

We'll see 😉

Do it and good luck for all our sakes! 

• Like 2