Airport.

Billy kettlefish

2 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Paid £180 for Sofitel for one night room only couple of weeks ago

That's not too bad if it was  a few weeks ago  (  when school holidays started) .  

Hotel prices in London and Greater London areas are at least  30 % higher   ( more sometimes) compared to the prices  before covid  

I suppose its added costs + trying to make up for lost profits during covid  

Edited by mad_manx

8 hours ago, mad_manx said:

That's not too bad if it was  a few weeks ago  (  when school holidays started) .  

Hotel prices in London and Greater London areas are at least  30 % higher   ( more sometimes) compared to the prices  before covid  

I suppose its added costs + trying to make up for lost profits during covid  

the hotel I usually use is full of asylum seekers , just off Russell Square  handy for anywhere in London and £90 a night with breakfast , 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

The biggest war crime was when whoever it was that took out Hope Street chippy 😒

I told you this before: we were merely concerned about your unhealthy eating habits and decided to do something about it. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Banker said:

Heathrow & Edinburgh flights cancelled due to uk ATC issues, must be chaos everywhere. Friends trying to change to boat £100 per foot passenger tomorrow, some boats full

That is a rediculous cost. Steam Packet are racketeering and should be ashamed of themselves. 

• Sad 1

This is how they will make the next dividend that the Treasury will relieve them of in the next Budget; there are a lot of Govt pensions that have been promised to be paid.

A couple of weeks ago people were praising the Steamie on these boards for posting an £11M profit - but this is the point, it didn't come from nowhere, passengers and IoM consumers stumped up to make it possible, sometimes by being raped in their fares. We can't have it both ways.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Banker said:

Heathrow & Edinburgh flights cancelled due to uk ATC issues, must be chaos everywhere. Friends trying to change to boat £100 per foot passenger tomorrow, some boats full

Nothing available on Liverpool, but Heysham is nowhere near £100:

image.png.2312380fdd958b31025bba40cff0bd75.png

I think £63.75 is the maximum foot passenger fare you can be charges as these are limited by the agreement and go up with RPI.  But pricing is very obscure and the fare structure is no longer laid out clearly as it used to be.

• Thanks 2