Airport.

Billy kettlefish

On 8/28/2023 at 1:52 PM, forestboy said:

That is a rediculous cost. Steam Packet are racketeering and should be ashamed of themselves. 

It’s also bollocks, the fare the Steam Packet can charge is capped at the standard fare.

I got the notification and moved quickly to get foot passenger tickets on the 4pm  Manannan. I booked before the flight was officially cancelled- it was obvious what was going to happen. It cost me £65 single for me to Liverpool. I’ve already sent the bill to Easyjet.

Given I booked three hours before it sailed, I thought it good value.

Edited by Ringy Rose
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Banker said:

I can assure you it was for Liverpool which are now completely sold out unless you want to travel at midnight tonight, not much use if you’re from Bristol

I can assure you it wasn’t. I paid £65, less the minuscule online booking discount. I booked it at 1pm yesterday, when the news first broke. It was obvious what was going to happen.

The standard fare is set out in the sea services agreement. They can’t charge more than that.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, piebaps said:

But Rox banker has been inconvenienced. Don't you realise that UK National Air Traffic has crossed a line now. He's going to be weeping like a child for months and air traffic controllers will become the new teachers.

If you bothered reading the post it wasn’t me ! But don’t let facts bother you !

https://www.facebook.com/100068909662316/posts/pfbid02BX9dRboUJtMEtJYc7VykbVEtiNLiXXniDZFUxi2rPx5rSUUdmt6Vf4U6dSar4uDil/

Easyjet originally scheduled G-EJCO on tonight's Gatwick.

It was then updated to be G-UJEB.

The overnight delay is despite the operating aircraft G-UJEB landing in Gatwick at 18.25

Edit: I believe the flight boarded in Gatwick. It was subsequently disembarked and delayed overnight. Information given to passengers was this was due to IOM airport closing 

Edited by newaccount

2 hours ago, newaccount said:

https://www.facebook.com/100068909662316/posts/pfbid02BX9dRboUJtMEtJYc7VykbVEtiNLiXXniDZFUxi2rPx5rSUUdmt6Vf4U6dSar4uDil/

Easyjet originally scheduled G-EJCO on tonight's Gatwick.

It was then updated to be G-UJEB.

The overnight delay is despite the operating aircraft G-UJEB landing in Gatwick at 18.25

Edit: I believe the flight boarded in Gatwick. It was subsequently disembarked and delayed overnight. Information given to passengers was this was due to IOM airport closing 

They have rescheduled for Thursday lunchtime, which is an improvement on just abandoning everyone to fend for themselves. The tracker gives no reason for cancellation which suggest it is an easyJet problem so anyone impacted should be able to claim their £220. 

The initial comments on FB suggested that the aircraft had a technical problem but I have also seen references to the captain's remarks about IOM Airport. My guess is that they needed to get an engineer to the plane and thye knew that by the time that was done they would be too late for the absolute cut-off of 23.00, so convenient to just blame IOM. 

As this is happening so often, and easyJet are incapable of operating without extra time 4 or 5 times a week, perhaps the Airport should say 'no extensions' and that would bring matters to a head, once and for all. 

Edited by Nellie
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, StCatherine said:

Airport are experts at locking down comments on Facebook, but don’t post any useful updates on Twitter which would arguably be a more helpful place, as the plebs can comment or question the narrative.

This is wrong I think.  Firstly because you can also effectively disable comments on Twitter or restrict them to certain accounts.  But also because Facebook is a much more popular form of social media than Twitter is, so if you want to maximise your information transmission that's the one to go for. 

In addition, both forms can be accessed by people who aren't registered users and logged in, and that's a regular feature of Facebook.  But Twitter has recently been restricting such access and doing so fairly randomly.  So people may not be able to see what you put out, even if they look for it.

Ideally they'd use all common forms of social media, but that's not going to happen.

7 hours ago, Nellie said:

They have rescheduled for Thursday lunchtime, which is an improvement on just abandoning everyone to fend for themselves. The tracker gives no reason for cancellation which suggest it is an easyJet problem so anyone impacted should be able to claim their £220. 

The initial comments on FB suggested that the aircraft had a technical problem but I have also seen references to the captain's remarks about IOM Airport. My guess is that they needed to get an engineer to the plane and thye knew that by the time that was done they would be too late for the absolute cut-off of 23.00, so convenient to just blame IOM. 

As this is happening so often, and easyJet are incapable of operating without extra time 4 or 5 times a week, perhaps the Airport should say 'no extensions' and that would bring matters to a head, once and for all. 

Manx radio reported that easyJet delayed overnight due to aircraft delays & requiring airport to be open too late which couldn’t be accommodated 

20 minutes ago, Banker said:

Manx radio reported that easyJet delayed overnight due to aircraft delays & requiring airport to be open too late which couldn’t be accommodated 

They are wrong.

The operating aircraft returned to Gatwick from Paphos at 18.25. The IOM flight was due to depart at 19.15. easyJet's business model needs them to turn planes around on 30-40 minutes.

At 20.30, two hours and five minutes after it arrived it was still on the ground, full of IOM passengers when they decided to cancel. The Airport can usually stay open until 23.00 so there was loads of time. Someone is lying here.

• Like 3

Just now, Nellie said:

They are wrong.

The operating aircraft returned to Gatwick from Paphos at 18.25. The IOM flight was due to depart at 19.15. easyJet's business model needs them to turn planes around on 30-40 minutes.

At 20.30, two hours and five minutes after it arrived it was still on the ground, full of IOM passengers when they decided to cancel. The Airport can usually stay open until 23.00 so there was loads of time. Someone is lying here.

I wouldn’t trust easyJet at present as they seem to blame everyone except themselves 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get accurate information on what EJ are responsible for if they cancel your flight please?  I'm utterly confused as to who is responsible for what.

Particularly interested in what expenses they have to cover for example if the Gatwick flight is cancelled and you need to get to London for an ongoing flight the next day

Thanks so much :flowers:

ETA - Also 🙂 how do I track the plane so I can see if it is likely to be significantly delayed for the last flight? 

I can see my little holiday being destroyed by these EJ feckers 🥵

Edited by JessTickle

32 minutes ago, JessTickle said:

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get accurate information on what EJ are responsible for if they cancel your flight please?  I'm utterly confused as to who is responsible for what.

Particularly interested in what expenses they have to cover for example if the Gatwick flight is cancelled and you need to get to London for an ongoing flight the next day

Thanks so much :flowers:

ETA - Also 🙂 how do I track the plane so I can see if it is likely to be significantly delayed for the last flight? 

I can see my little holiday being destroyed by these EJ feckers 🥵

https://www.easyjet.com/en/help/boarding-and-flying/delays-and-cancellations

https://www.flightradar24.com/airport/iom

Edited by newaccount
  • Like 1

On 7/30/2023 at 7:38 PM, lcd said:

I fear that so much will depend as much if not more on who is on the interview panel, than who applies. 

Having learned of some the communications surrounding the position, especially when the appointment of a pilot was mooted, I fear you are absolutely right. I now know I would simply be pissing in the wind if I applied. The job description, personnel specification and these comments I’ve been made aware of, show that the Airport Director evidently just wants someone to guide him through the Future Form and Function process.

Apart from one line in the introductory paragraph of the document relating to that process, there is no acknowledgement of the real issues that cause the majority of delays and cancellations, and certainly no mention of an intention to resolve them.

Even that one line has been dealt short thrift, with prices quoted for infrastructure improvements that would actually be impossible to  implement here. That says so much about how well it has been investigated.

Until the real issues that we are blighted by are put front and centre, nothing will ever change regarding the poor frequency and reliability of our air services.

Edited by madmanxpilot
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, StCatherine said:

don’t post any useful updates on Twitter which would arguably be a more helpful place, as the plebs can comment or question the narrative

You can lock comments on X, formerly known as Twitter.

What you can’t do is find anything on X, formerly known as Twitter, because Space Karen keeps locking it down or otherwise restricting use for non-members. X won’t even let you look at recent tweets unless you’re logged in.