Airport.

Billy kettlefish

19 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

But you give tremendous amounts for of your energy away to things you profess to hate. The two don’t marry up. 

I’m not sure what you mean.

I mentioned that I disliked rude behaviour on an aeroplane and have previously said, for example that I didn’t like sweetcorn.

Thats not giving “tremendous amounts of my energy”, it’s just me expressing an opinion.

This is a forum right? For such things.?

Most of the energy expended on here is dissing politicians, political institutions, fellow members and the like. 

3 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

May I just point out goats and sacrificing should not be mentioned as this may bring on accusations of a consortium  with Beelzebub within the pages of this thread, Also we do not need the Bish getting bent out of shape.  gibber gibber blah

Keep me out of it! I do not like goats.

4 hours ago, Utah 01 said:

I blinked so might have missed it but something like this doesn't usually escape the forum's chatterati:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/direct-flights-to-portugal-for-summer-2024/

Good to see; prices might not be.

Just looked. £450 return per person including hold baggage. Probably not much more expensive than the IOM to Manchester, overnight stay and onward flight. 2 days less leave required.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Just looked. £450 return per person including hold baggage. Probably not much more expensive than the IOM to Manchester, overnight stay and onward flight. 2 days less leave required.

And you'll not have the aggro of a connecting flight. All-in-all a fair offer.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GD4ELI said:

I suspect if you chose your connecting flights/ dates carefully you could shave a fair bit of that. But equally you could choose different flights and days you could end up paying more.

You pays your money…..etc

10 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I suspect if you chose your connecting flights/ dates carefully you could shave a fair bit of that. But equally you could choose different flights and days you could end up paying more.

For me the win-win in this would be putting my luggage on one carousel and taking it off another in Faro. Lugging luggage around airports has never been my favourite thing. I'd be up for this next year. despite saying I'd never go to the airport again ever, it would be nice to see my pals on the south west coast and revisit old haunts. Yep, I might seriously consider this. Nice one.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GD4ELI said:

10 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

2 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

For me the win-win in this would be putting my luggage on one carousel and taking it off another in Faro. Lugging luggage around airports has never been my favourite thing. I'd be up for this next year. despite saying I'd never go to the airport again ever, it would be nice to see my pals on the south west coast and revisit old haunts. Yep, I might seriously consider this. Nice one.

I’ve found that air fares are running about 75%-100% above pre covid for IoM LPL BCN or via LGW or DUB.

Im off to Spain end September. £550 return via LGW with EZY. LPL not a real option as only 3 flights to BCN each week. I’ve used the Dohop service. That’s £35. It sounded better than it is, having re read the T&C. It includes a 15kg hold bag, which I still have to collect and re drop. That bag was £95. Seats are free as I’m an EZY plus member. They’d have been £42.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I’ve found that air fares are running about 75%-100% above pre covid for IoM LPL BCN or via LGW or DUB.

Im off to Spain end September. £550 return via LGW with EZY. LPL not a real option as only 3 flights to BCN each week. I’ve used the Dohop service. That’s £35. It sounded better than it is, having re read the T&C. It includes a 15kg hold bag, which I still have to collect and re drop. That bag was £95. Seats are free as I’m an EZY plus member. They’d have been £42.

You mean seat choice is free?