Airport.

Billy kettlefish

25 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

I was meaning the plane would break down on stand, not that it would hurtle out of the sky in a fireball. Apologies for any confusion.

Last year they had terrible trouble with both the ATR72 and the ATR42 they brought over to cover for the broken ATR72. I can’t help but think leaving it out in the open air, next to the sea, in winter won’t have helped. Let’s see this winter.

WD40 might help   ! 

As a user I don’t like using an app for parking where you need to book the length of stay in advance, but I’m a fossil and not down wit’ the yoof. I like the ANPR system at Shaws Brow, but it is considerably more expensive and prone to maintenance issues (especially outdoors). Ringo is therefore a no-brainer.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Why?  I personally find the exact opposite.

Why?

Why have I never had a problem with Bottleneck or Shaws Brow?

Well I just haven’t. It’s proven to be more convenient than Ringo.

I have a credit balance with the Corpy ones which just deducts the cost of your parking from that.

Although I understand you can link it to your credit/ debit card and just drive in and out as required and the time parked deducted without having to fart about trying to go guess how long you are going to be parked at the airport with cancellations, delays etc

• Thanks 2

Just back after 10 days in the merseyside/wales area used multiple car parks indoors outdoors, never once had the only option being a online parking provider. Payed using cash or cards at multiple car parks some with barriers some with a NPR system, some were pay and display. But as I said cash or card at every location, non of the above were at an airport if it makes any difference. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

without having to fart about trying to go guess how long you are going to be parked at the airport with cancellations, delays etc

You don’t have to do that, but if you have decided that you do then it’s probably not worth trying to convince you otherwise.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

As a user I don’t like using an app for parking where you need to book the length of stay in advance, but I’m a fossil and not down wit’ the yoof. I like the ANPR system at Shaws Brow, but it is considerably more expensive and prone to maintenance issues (especially outdoors). Ringo is therefore a no-brainer.

You are right. You are a fossil. The ring go takes about 2 mins and if you are delayed you can add as much or as little tine as you want. 

Go to London. Ring go is the norm. Its so convenient. 

Give it a try.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

All of that is fairly irrelevant, many folk don't like using Ringco or don't have the facilities to easily do so. what is wrong with the old system that warrants using an outsourced system that to my mind is not customer friendly?

Anpr works fine too and I believe that the Ringco system is not so infallible either and still needs a parking attendant.

The current system is based on misinformation as has been proved on these forums. The barriers could have been fixed at a small cost.

I for one will not use the current parking system even though it causes me some inconvenience.

The barriers could not be fixed at any cost. They are f&^%$#ed

• Confused 2