Airport.

Billy kettlefish

Can I ask those who know; I am planning to travel on the evening flight to Gatwick next week, for a few days away.    If I park at the airport and download and pay for 3 days parking using the ringco app, what happens if the flight gets cancelled?    Do I only get charged for the hour or so that I would be parked at the airport?   

6 minutes ago, Karellen said:

Can I ask those who know; I am planning to travel on the evening flight to Gatwick next week, for a few days away.    If I park at the airport and download and pay for 3 days parking using the ringco app, what happens if the flight gets cancelled?    Do I only get charged for the hour or so that I would be parked at the airport?   

You can claim a refund yeh. Personally I'd wait until you are on the plane before paying for the parking. No one will be checking at that time of day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, swoopy2110 said:

You can claim a refund yeh. Personally I'd wait until you are on the plane before paying for the parking. No one will be checking at that time of day.

Personally I’d wait until your plane has actually taken off ( can you use your phone then?). So you can’t be deplaned

24 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Personally I’d wait until your plane has actually taken off ( can you use your phone then?). So you can’t be deplaned

No they don't work in the air generally.  Plus they tell you to turn them off or put in flight mode.  I don't think the IOM planes have a wifi network that I've noticed either. 

Although you'd think you'd hear a bit more about planes dropping out of the sky because someone forgot to turn their phone off if it was really an issue.  

Edited by The Phantom

3 hours ago, Karellen said:

go the day before on an earlier flight, the evening flight to gatwick has more chance of not happening than happening.

• Like 5

dont bother with Ringo just go to to  front dask at the airport  and tell the very helpful young lady what you are intending to do , she will take your money or card  for the parking and your  registration number will be in the system if you flight is cancelled  you get most of your money back , if your return  flight is delayed  just spek to the lady on the desk when you return ,  if you go with Ringo and the return flight is delayed or cancelled you are likely going to finish up with a fine or penalty , 

I have found the information staff excellent , and most helpful, wish I could say the same for the ret of the DOI  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WTF said:

go the day before on an earlier flight, the evening flight to gatwick has more chance of not happening than happening.

I am a big critic of the way easyJet run the evening Gatwick rotation, but your comment is not really correct.

The cancellation rate across the Summer has been around 12%. The 'on time' rate is around the same.

So, the most likely outcome (75%) is that your flight will operate, but will be late, and it may be very late. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Happier diner said:

You are right. You are a fossil. The ring go takes about 2 mins and if you are delayed you can add as much or as little tine as you want. 

Go to London. Ring go is the norm. Its so convenient. 

Give it a try.

No, I’ve already tried London a number of times and like it less every time.

2 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

London or ring go?

I'm sure the Ringo App is great in cities like London where the large car parks all use it. For the occasional user it's a faff I can do without. 

Note: I have parked in the airport 3 or 4 times this year, not paid, not received any fines, warnings or invoices? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Omobono said:

dont bother with Ringo just go to to  front dask at the airport  and tell the very helpful young lady what you are intending to do , she will take your money or card  for the parking and your  registration number will be in the system if you flight is cancelled  you get most of your money back , if your return  flight is delayed  just spek to the lady on the desk when you return ,  if you go with Ringo and the return flight is delayed or cancelled you are likely going to finish up with a fine or penalty , 

I have found the information staff excellent , and most helpful, wish I could say the same for the ret of the DOI  

Yes you can do that. It's actually easier to use the app though. Takes a minute.

The front desk is fine for fossils 

3 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I'm sure the Ringo App is great in cities like London where the large car parks all use it. For the occasional user it's a faff I can do without. 

Note: I have parked in the airport 3 or 4 times this year, not paid, not received any fines, warnings or invoices? 

You are a rebel. Naughty boy😄

• Haha 1