Airport.

Billy kettlefish

1 hour ago, Omobono said:

dont bother with Ringo just go to to  front dask at the airport  and tell the very helpful young lady what you are intending to do , she will take your money or card  for the parking and your  registration number will be in the system if you flight is cancelled  you get most of your money back , if your return  flight is delayed  just spek to the lady on the desk when you return ,  if you go with Ringo and the return flight is delayed or cancelled you are likely going to finish up with a fine or penalty , 

I have found the information staff excellent , and most helpful, wish I could say the same for the ret of the DOI  

Why ? If the return flight is delayed or cancelled you just extend your time on the app and don't have to queue at any desks.

• Like 1

I see that the Gatwick is mega late again tonight and will be lucky to get back to Gatwick while it is still today. It'll definitely be tomorrow when anyone gets their bags.

Over the last week, from seven flights we've seen two cancellations, four over an hour late and only one on time. 

@Stu Peters  I do appreciate that you are only the political overseer, but can we have some assurance that Mr Cobb is being put under some pressure to find a way to sort this out? 

I recall a couple of weeks ago that you said that the Airport Management are 'definitely on the side of the passenger'. Can we see some evidence of this? 

I can guess that the management, and perhaps yourself too, are crapping themselves at the thought of upsetting easyJet. 

But the reality is, they cannot be allowed to go on like this, taking peoples' money and then letting everyone down, day in day out. 

• Thanks 8

The aircraft has been delayed all day due to ATC restrictions at Gatwick. Everyone's going to get to where they need to be. Flights get delayed and cancelled all over the world every day. We're a very small piece of Easyjet's puzzle.

It took an hour from landing on the IOM to taking off again, caused by ATC restrictions at Gatwick.

Bet it was squeaky bum time in the cockpit!

14 hours ago, Max Power said:

I'm sure the Ringo App is great in cities like London where the large car parks all use it. For the occasional user it's a faff I can do without. 

Note: I have parked in the airport 3 or 4 times this year, not paid, not received any fines, warnings or invoices? 

That’s the thing. They are trying to introduce things that work well on a larger scale but not here. Like the silly green and red parking zones. Makes sense in Gatwick where distances are huge. Makes zero sense here where the difference between Premium and Standard is 60 seconds walking time max. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

9 hours ago, Nellie said:

I see that the Gatwick is mega late again tonight and will be lucky to get back to Gatwick while it is still today. It'll definitely be tomorrow when anyone gets their bags.

Over the last week, from seven flights we've seen two cancellations, four over an hour late and only one on time. 

@Stu Peters  I do appreciate that you are only the political overseer, but can we have some assurance that Mr Cobb is being put under some pressure to find a way to sort this out? 

I recall a couple of weeks ago that you said that the Airport Management are 'definitely on the side of the passenger'. Can we see some evidence of this? 

I can guess that the management, and perhaps yourself too, are crapping themselves at the thought of upsetting easyJet. 

But the reality is, they cannot be allowed to go on like this, taking peoples' money and then letting everyone down, day in day out. 

How can Cobb get Gatwick ATC to do more hours outside legal hours?

28 minutes ago, Banker said:

How can Cobb get Gatwick ATC to do more hours outside legal hours?

I was a passenger on the inbound Gatwick on Wednesday. We boarded on time and then waited 50 minutes for a tug to push us back. It was nothing to do with ATC. It was a DHL problem. They are an easyJet agent. Maybe it was ATC last night. There's always some excuse.

What I do expect Cobb, and potentially @Stu Peters as the political member, to do, is to come out and state publically that they are very unhappy with the way easyJet are running this service. They should make sure that the public know that if they book this flight there is a 75% chance they will be delayed, and they may be very delayed. On time performance across the Summer has been around 12% this is a disgrace.

The Airport Director should be reassuring the travelling public that he knows there is a problem and they are actively trying to do something about it. The bottom line is that easyJet have shown that the schedule is undeliverable. One way, or another, they need to be persuaded to change it. 

Edited by Nellie
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Great user experience for a lost bag so far. Not. Logan air didn’t load the bag on last night it seems so nothing arrived in IOM. She goes to info desk and is given a form and told nothing they can do, fill in piece of paper, San it and email it to them. She does and contacts Logan air only for them to tell her to contact IOM airport. She’s currently trying to do just that but whatever numbers we try nobody is answering. Great stuff. But at least we have premium parking. 

33 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Great user experience for a lost bag so far. Not. Logan air didn’t load the bag on last night it seems so nothing arrived in IOM. She goes to info desk and is given a form and told nothing they can do, fill in piece of paper, San it and email it to them. She does and contacts Logan air only for them to tell her to contact IOM airport. She’s currently trying to do just that but whatever numbers we try nobody is answering. Great stuff. But at least we have premium parking. 

https://mybag.aero/baggage/#/pax/loganair/en-gb/contact-airline

https://mybag.aero/baggage/#/pax/loganair/en-gb/faq-guidelines

If your baggage is missing, please make a Delayed Baggage Report in person at our Baggage Services desk near the baggage claim area at your arrival airport.
Alternatively, you can create a report online via the following link: Click here

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, newaccount said:

https://mybag.aero/baggage/#/pax/loganair/en-gb/contact-airline

https://mybag.aero/baggage/#/pax/loganair/en-gb/faq-guidelines

If your baggage is missing, please make a Delayed Baggage Report in person at our Baggage Services desk near the baggage claim area at your arrival airport.
Alternatively, you can create a report online via the following link: Click here

Thanks. Looks like they’ll deliver it tonight assuming the flight gets here.