Airport.

Billy kettlefish

10 minutes ago, finlo said:

download (19).jpeg

See my comment above a lot of people are having to look at alternative routes to get from London to the island including Liverpool and Bristol . This reflects very badly on the island a lot of business is getting frustrated and that is not good for broader investment in the island .,

Until as such time as we stop the silly and pointless border administration and checks and the UK drops it's equally silly obsession with COVID numbers so we can all get back to a semblance of normality, we won't get anything like a true indication of what our new air policy should and could look like, in a world of less travel and remote working.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, IOM said:

You have obviously not read my post . The demand is there why else would the flights be full every day and why else would the supply of 10500 be sufficient when the demand in 2019 was over 19000 . The supply on the Liverpool route is greater now than pre pandemic ask yourself why ! Some of it is down to people getting the train from London to Liverpool because they have no alternative. Absolute madness . 

I'm well aware of the figures - indeed I pointed out the high loadings on the Gatwick flights last month.  The latest figures show November with 9227 Gatwick passengers - giving an average daily load of 154. So not quite full, but profitably busy though maybe not enough to justify two flights a day.  And people have always travelled indirectly to London, either because of cheaper flights or more convenient timing.

But 9227 is still a drop from the equivalent London (LGW + LCY) in 2019 of 19,582, less than half.  Most LGW flights in January are still under £50 and February even more are, which doesn't suggest they are near full.  And from March they go to two flights a day.  

It never ceases to amaze me how people who perfectly capable of understanding how business works in their own commercial sphere, get terribly indignant when airlines fail to provide exactly whatever service they think they might require and at what they consider a 'fair' price.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

I'm well aware of the figures - indeed I pointed out the high loadings on the Gatwick flights last month.  The latest figures show November with 9227 Gatwick passengers - giving an average daily load of 154. So not quite full, but profitably busy though maybe not enough to justify two flights a day.  And people have always travelled indirectly to London, either because of cheaper flights or more convenient timing.

But 9227 is still a drop from the equivalent London (LGW + LCY) in 2019 of 19,582, less than half.  Most LGW flights in January are still under £50 and February even more are, which doesn't suggest they are near full.  And from March they go to two flights a day.  

It never ceases to amaze me how people who perfectly capable of understanding how business works in their own commercial sphere, get terribly indignant when airlines fail to provide exactly whatever service they think they might require and at what they consider a 'fair' price.

I am aware you posted the data and that was helpful.  But in my opinion the 9277 is because its near enough full capacity with a one a day service .  The demand of 19582 was when there were 5 flight options from London and I wager a bet if there even 3 options now ( one Easyjet and two ANother with 50-75 seats) the demand would be considerably higher than current. if you look at the schedule the timings are hopeless so the service just does not work for a lot of people.  Agree people always use differing routes but not as much as at the moment because there are no other options. 

It never ceases to amaze me that people do not look beyond what is immediately before them  think more broadly about the problem and accept the unacceptable. 

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, Danoo said:

Until as such time as we stop the silly and pointless border administration and checks and the UK drops it's equally silly obsession with COVID numbers so we can all get back to a semblance of normality, we won't get anything like a true indication of what our new air policy should and could look like, in a world of less travel and remote working.

Uk likely to abolish Day 2 arrivals tests for those fully-jabbed by end of January.

This should pave the way for all fully jabbed inbound IOM arrivals to no longer be tested (both CTA and International).

Watch this space 

Edited by snowman

4 hours ago, asitis said:

I note he says he's "bowing out ", does that mean somebody on the IOM has got rid ! Not before time and who is responsible for this utter waste of taxpayers cash ? or has that person gone as well !!

I think it just means he won't be on Twitter, I'm afraid, and has handed his account over to a 'content provider' called The Media Team to churn out stuff for his television series when and if it ever emerges from editing.