Airport.

Billy kettlefish

1 hour ago, Stu Peters said:

Yes, I'm keeping up but I don't work for the airlines. If they can't stick to their own schedules (and I expect it costs them fortunes to fail so badly) there's nothing I can do. There's no SLA in place under Open Skies. I suggest people should vote with their feet - I hate boats (especially this time of year) but would seriously consider it over a commercial flight at the moment. As other have said, it's not just us - the whole air transport industry is in disarray at the moment.

Sigh! Digits well and truly in the sink then Stu, typical!

And what about the suggestion you do your job and mention to Cobb it might be a good idea to provide some public update, even if it is, we are absolutely at the airlines mercy!

• Like 3

The stats show that Gatwick evening flight and recently Dublin have been problematic.

Given that it's only Gatwick people are moaning about, and given that it's the evening flight in particular, I would suggest that other than those the rest are normally ok. Let's have some perspective.

If anyone is arsed the stats are publicly available. I can't be bothered to check but the impression I get is that the vast majority of flights are pretty much ok

easyJet 518 rated 4.5/5

easyJet 844 rated 0.6/5

Edited by newaccount

9 minutes ago, newaccount said:

The stats show that Gatwick evening flight and recently Dublin have been problematic.

Given that it's only Gatwick people are moaning about, and given that it's the evening flight in particular, I would suggest that other than those the rest are normally ok. Let's have some perspective.

If anyone is arsed the stats are publicly available. I can't be bothered to check but the impression I get is that the vast majority of flights are pretty much ok

easyJet 518 rated 4.5/5

easyJet 844 rated 0.6/5

I'd agree that on the whole, easyJet are pretty reliable across their other IOM destinations and even on the AM Gatwick it's pretty stable. Loganair had a bad day today, and their PM LCY was even later than Gatwick, but on the whole they have been a lot better than earlier in the Summer.

But, as your numbers show the evening Gatwick is a disaster, and is dragging easyJet's image and reputation down. The delays like tonight cost them about £2k each time to keep the Airport open. Cancelations could cost them upwards of £50k (330+ pax claiming HOTAC etc). Why they don't just schedule it at 18.15 and 20.05 like they do in the Winter and all this hassle, stress and reputational damage could be avoided.

I'd guess that the last two nights will have been pretty stressful for their crews wondering if they could get out of here before 23.00.  

Went down to Gatwick on EZY on Tuesday 19/9 10.00 flight. Boarding delayed by 45 mins due to late inbound arrival. Then sat on plane for 45 minutes due to an unscheduled ATC break.

On arrival Gatwick the PRM assistance booked didn’t turn up, or do the job properly. 2 cabin crew assisted me re fit the batteries and get my chair going.

Returning from Gatwick this evening boarding was smooth and on time. PRM ambulift had me on 20 mins before scheduled departure and before any other passengers. This is how it should be.

Then the delays, ATC, baggage handlers hadn’t stowed the luggage and we had to wait. Lots of other planes similarly affected.  Then the tug broke down on push back. None of that EZY’s fault. Low staffing levels at Gatwick.

We took off 2h5min behind schedule. No food on board! How come?

On arrival I got the PRM handling manager covering my lift off. He told me he was short staffed. Menzies recruits, but people don’t stay. Few of his pre covid crew left. The newbies are wet behind ear and operating at responsibility levels beyond their years and experience.

Paul had rushed ahead to collect bags of belt and get car from car park. I was in baggage hall before the bags had arrived. Smooth operation.

Most of what I see is people expecting people to sit down with easyJet to sort things… or for them to disappear completely!

I understand people get frustrated. But what would people do say if easyJet just up and left? 

That would roughly be 55/60% of the Islands seat capacity … gone… 

if easyJet were causing that much Misery to 50/60% of people and they just didn’t use them again because of a delay… they’d have gone by now.

most of the easyJet’s delays and issues come down to problems way outside of their realm… I think people need to sit back and check reality… not all rosy at Loganair side of Ronaldsway either

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Amadeus said:

You can’t make this shit up. First inbound plane delayed. Then no one here to load luggage and now the tug is stuck to the plane and they’re waiting for an engineer. Sitting on the tarmac and hating air travel a lot right now. Fuck this. 

So why pollute the planet with all your travel?

6 hours ago, John Wright said:

Went down to Gatwick on EZY on Tuesday 19/9 10.00 flight. Boarding delayed by 45 mins due to late inbound arrival. Then sat on plane for 45 minutes due to an unscheduled ATC break.

If your times are local John and you got on the aircraft by 11.00 ish, there was a scheduled and published ATC break between 11.00am and 11.35am. This is a snapshot of the relevant note in zulu time.

If easyJet called this unscheduled, perhaps recollections may vary !

Active, expires in a month: AD OPR HR MON-SAT 0545-0730 0805-1000 1035-1945 SUN 0600-0730 0805-1000 1035-1945 LAST RUNWWAY MOVEMENT 15 MINUTES BEFORE EVERY CLOSED TIME  2308010515-2310281945

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, asitis said:

If your times are local John and you got on the aircraft by 11.00 ish, there was a scheduled and published ATC break between 11.00am and 11.35am. This is a snapshot of the relevant note in zulu time.

If easyJet called this unscheduled, perhaps recollections may vary !

Active, expires in a month: AD OPR HR MON-SAT 0545-0730 0805-1000 1035-1945 SUN 0600-0730 0805-1000 1035-1945 LAST RUNWWAY MOVEMENT 15 MINUTES BEFORE EVERY CLOSED TIME  2308010515-2310281945

I’m relaying, accurately, what the Captain announced.