Airport.

Billy kettlefish

41 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

Wow that's bad ! They'd have been better getting off the Island and going to Liverpool to refuel before continuing to Gatwick!

That would probably have left the crew over hours and crew, plane and passengers stuck in Liverpool overnight. Not a solution.

The real question is why so low on fuel? Perhaps a holding pattern due to ATC breaks, or a quick Gatwick turnaround after a day off accumulated ATC delays on previous sectors flown?

EZY try to refuel anywhere other than Island. It’s cheaper.

3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

That would probably have left the crew over hours and crew, plane and passengers stuck in Liverpool overnight. Not a solution.

The real question is why so low on fuel? Perhaps a holding pattern due to ATC breaks, or a quick Gatwick turnaround after a day off accumulated ATC delays on previous sectors flown?

If you look at flight radar the flight from Gatwick was 57 minutes so there would have been no holding pattern at Ronaldsway. This situation is an absolute disgrace I just cannot believe how any airline could allow this to happen . Yet another plane load of passengers majorly inconvenienced . 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Neither of those scenarios apply. 

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/g-ezbj#

He got a direct routing into IOM without any holds or delays en route, and he'd been on the ground at Gatwick for 1 hour 45 minutes, so plenty of time to refuel. 

Presumably the Captain will need to explain to EJ Operations what went wrong, but from the outside, it just looks like yet another cock-up.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Any there it seems we have it. No suggestion or inclination that Stu Peters is doing anything. Not even a effort it would seem. Good luck getting back in . Seems general across the board ,despite what’s said in manifestos,  counts for nothing when the feet are under the table. 

Absolutely - I despair!

Next elections Stu - Just write meh! on your manifesto literature.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, SuffolkNGoode said:

Absolutely - I despair!

Next elections Stu - Just write meh! on your manifesto literature.

Yes, very disappointing to see @Stu Peters going native and slipping into 'jobsworth' mode, so effortlessly. 

If it's not Cobb's job to stand up for the interests and rights of airline passengers, then whose job is it? 

I know that the current crop of politicians didn't take us down the Open Skies route, but we are where we are.

'Someone' needs to take responsibility for reassuring the public that the current easyJet Gatwick fiasco is being recognised as a wholly unsatisfactory and serious situation, and that tangible steps are being taken to secure rapid and sustainable improvements.

If this goes on much longer, it could definitely undermine various aspects of the flagship Economic Strategy. 

Where is that 'someone'.

• Like 2

This evening’s LGW cancelled too with IOM Airport Facebook page saying ATCO shortages at LGW are to blame.

A quick look at the LGW Departures board for this evening, 1600 onwards, shows about 140 scheduled departures, with the only flights showing as cancelled belonging to EZY.

On the face of it, it seems more like an EZY problem rather than an LGW ATCO problem.

Maybe that departures board will update with more cancellations amongst other airlines, but if it doesn’t, someone is telling porkies.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Yes, very disappointing to see @Stu Peters going native and slipping into 'jobsworth' mode, so effortlessly. 

If it's not Cobb's job to stand up for the interests and rights of airline passengers, then whose job is it? 

I know that the current crop of politicians didn't take us down the Open Skies route, but we are where we are.

'Someone' needs to take responsibility for reassuring the public that the current easyJet Gatwick fiasco is being recognised as a wholly unsatisfactory and serious situation, and that tangible steps are being taken to secure rapid and sustainable improvements.

If this goes on much longer, it could definitely undermine various aspects of the flagship Economic Strategy. 

Where is that 'someone'.

You’re totally correct and the lack of backbone or willingness to confront issues is totally missing across all areas. The Island and its credibility is currently totally lacking and that’s down to previous Governments but particularly this one. Lots of people had high hopes for Cannan , not me I might add, because of his military background but he’s been found out too and possible even worse than the last CM . The silence and bunker mentality says it all. And if someone doesn’t address the clearly out of control CS we are in big trouble.  

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

And I’m doing just fine at my job, albeit not with the bombast and bluster you seem to desire.

What metric is used to assess, evaluate and arrive at this conclusion please Stu?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Any there it seems we have it. No suggestion or inclination that Stu Peters is doing anything. Not even an effort it would seem. Good luck getting back in . Seems general across the board ,despite what’s said in manifestos,  counts for nothing when the feet are under the table. 

What would you, Suffolk and Nellie (or are they the same person?) like me to do that hasn’t already been done? For all that I enjoy a bit of banter on here, I’m not going to detail commercially or otherwise sensitive discussions so (again) you have no idea what I or anyone else has been doing to improve our air services.

I don’t suppose EJ is remotely happy about all these expensive and reputationally damaging cancellations so stamping our feet isn’t going to remedy anything. This strikes me partly as a result of demand for cheaper flights. When routes are operated on a filler basis late in the day, this is what can happen. So instead of complaining, why not come up with solutions to discuss. Closed skies? IOMG operating a national airline (maybe in partnership) on essential routes? Remember that there’s a limited customer market in the IOM to support any operations.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Stu Peters said:

What would you, Suffolk and Nellie (or are they the same person?) like me to do that hasn’t already been done? For all that I enjoy a bit of banter on here, I’m not going to detail commercially or otherwise sensitive discussions so (again) you have no idea what I or anyone else has been doing to improve our air services.

Ahhhh the age old cop out . Sorry , but a bit of encouragement to all the inconvenienced passengers would be welcome . But once again commercially sensitive is offered up. Sorry am not buying that as we , the tax payers deserve a better input from our MHK’s and CoMIN .
Same situation as Manx Gas and promises from Office of Fair trading to sort it out. Getting on for 2 years now and still hopeless and same excuses always . Is the airport going to be the same. Clearly you have no idea. 
Has anyone higher up than you actually sat down in a room with senior EJ management and thrashed this issue out. Clearly it’s mainly to do with the accumulated delays during the planes routes. Late Gatwick is a disaster . And as a footnote , if it was addressed to me , I only post as myself and don’t know Suffolk or Nellie and don’t have other names on here. ! 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 5

29 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

I can't speak for the other posters you name check, but I would like to hear you, or the Minister, or Mr Cobb on the radio telling us that you all regard the way easyJet are performing on the evening Gatwick as wholly unsatisfactory and unacceptable, or similar words. If negotiations really are happening to improve matters, then say so. We don't need to know the details. Just some assurance that such negotiations are happening would be a start.

(I can guess, that easyJet are being encouraged to nightstop that aircraft here, which would help hugely, as it wouldn't have to go back to LGW, saving about an hour of Airport opening time. But to do this, they'll be demanding a wedge of cash, even though they already nightstop at Belfast City, Inverness, Jersey and Aberdeen).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

’m not going to detail commercially or otherwise sensitive discussions so (again) you have no idea what I or anyone else has been doing to improve our air services.

Whatever you or anyone else has been doing (if anything)it's NOT working.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Stu Peters said:

I don’t suppose EJ is remotely happy about all these expensive and reputationally damaging cancellations so stamping our feet isn’t going to remedy anything. This strikes me partly as a result of demand for cheaper flights. When routes are operated on a filler basis late in the day, this is what can happen. So instead of complaining, why not come up with solutions to discuss. Closed skies? IOMG operating a national airline (maybe in partnership) on essential routes? Remember that there’s a limited customer market in the IOM to support any operations.

Strikes me you should be on the receiving end of one of these cancellations then you might not be so glib. I've had to book with a different airline at significant cost, a hotel, take at least half a days holiday I don't really have, pays further £16 on top of the £26 pound in parking fees and get up at the crack of dawn. 

And then yet again I have to argue the toss with Easy Jet in the hope I get my money back (which will be the third time this year = fairly crap).

Ha it's a laugh..

• Like 4