Airport.

Billy kettlefish

I had quite an adventure on Friday night thanks to EasyJet.

I was on the 21:00 Gatwick flight, the one that usually gets delayed, then cancelled but actually made it on Friday. Due to its late arrival at Gatwick I had missed my train to Victoria, I took a different train to Black Friars and thought I’d get a tube, bus or cab over to Victoria once I got there… It was not to be, there were no tubes, the 3 cabs that were waiting got taken quickly and I didn’t really like the idea of hanging around a virtually deserted station looking at my phone to find out bus times so I decided to walk! Couldn’t get down to the Thames walkway due to maintenance works so took a route which took far longer than it should’ve and took me via Waterloo Station! It was a grand adventure though, I’ve sent midnight tourist photos of me at various landmarks in London to my family and friends. The only person I spoke to asked for a cigarette so I had to tell him “Sorry mate, I don’t smoke.”, he did then try to have a conversation with me but I couldn’t understand what he was saying so I told him “Bye now” and carried on my way. Got to the hotel shortly afterwards and had a great nights sleep. It took over an hour but was most enjoyable.

It hasn’t been all sunshine and rainbows, I booked a cheap train through to my daughters on Saturday, met a friend for lunch, we had wine, I got the wrong train 😂 £26 no ticket fine lolz… 

I met ace people on Friday, old friends, new friends and strangers along the way. What a day!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Nellie said:

I can't speak for the other posters you name check, but I would like to hear you, or the Minister, or Mr Cobb on the radio telling us that you all regard the way easyJet are performing on the evening Gatwick as wholly unsatisfactory and unacceptable, or similar words. If negotiations really are happening to improve matters, then say so. We don't need to know the details. Just some assurance that such negotiations are happening would be a start.

(I can guess, that easyJet are being encouraged to nightstop that aircraft here, which would help hugely, as it wouldn't have to go back to LGW, saving about an hour of Airport opening time. But to do this, they'll be demanding a wedge of cash, even though they already nightstop at Belfast City, Inverness, Jersey and Aberdeen).

This and sorry that there are more than one poster deeming to disagree or question your efforts - very obvious and disingenuous Stu.

Please listen - meh!

1 hour ago, 2bees said:

I had quite an adventure on Friday night thanks to EasyJet. (…) Got to the hotel shortly afterwards and had a great nights sleep. It took over an hour but was most enjoyable

You must be made of sterner (or at least calmer) stuff than me - I’d have been so annoyed and frustrated by the various issues you described, that I would have been incapable of enjoying it as an “adventure “!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 2bees said:

I was on the 21:00 Gatwick flight, the one that usually gets delayed, then cancelled but actually made it on Friday. Due to its late arrival at Gatwick I had missed my train to Victoria, I took a different train to Black Friars and thought I’d get a tube, bus or cab over to Victoria once I got there… It was not to be, there were no tubes, the 3 cabs that were waiting got taken quickly and I didn’t really like the idea of hanging around a virtually deserted station looking at my phone to find out bus times so I decided to walk! Couldn’t get down to the Thames walkway due to maintenance works so took a route which took far longer than it should’ve and took me via Waterloo Station! It was a grand adventure though, I’ve sent midnight tourist photos of me at various landmarks in London to my family and friends. The only person I spoke to asked for a cigarette so I had to tell him “Sorry mate, I don’t smoke.”, he did then try to have a conversation with me but I couldn’t understand what he was saying so I told him “Bye now” and carried on my way. Got to the hotel shortly afterwards and had a great nights sleep. It took over an hour but was most enjoyable.

It hasn’t been all sunshine and rainbows, I booked a cheap train through to my daughters on Saturday, met a friend for lunch, we had wine, I got the wrong train 😂 £26 no ticket fine lolz… 

I met ace people on Friday, old friends, new friends and strangers along the way. What a day!

It won't help you now, but the TFL app on your phone is great to get the best public transport directions anywhere in London anytime of day or night.

Also, uber app for the future if you want a cab.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

.Also, uber app for the future if you want a cab.

Yeah… I have that but there was the story about the rapey Uber driver so I only use black cabs or private hires in London. Sounds mad that I’d be quite happy wandering the streets but not get an Uber but that’s just the way it is. Tbh I had my Jack the Ripper coat on, people were probably more worried about my presence than I was theirs 😂

18 minutes ago, 2bees said:

Yeah… I have that but there was the story about the rapey Uber driver so I only use black cabs or private hires in London. Sounds mad that I’d be quite happy wandering the streets but not get an Uber but that’s just the way it is. Tbh I had my Jack the Ripper coat on, people were probably more worried about my presence than I was theirs 😂

Just get an Uber and send the tracking link to your three ex-lovers.

4 hours ago, 2bees said:

I think people sometimes forget the journey is part of the experience of a trip. Glad you didn't!

I'm a bit confused. Did you get off on the North or South Bank of Thames? (Blackfriars has exits both sides). Although I like walking along the Thames there are parts of it that are a bit creepy due to the echoes of history. 

Also buses in London are useful. Jump on one going towards the centre and it's bound to pass a tube station.