Airport.

Billy kettlefish

8 minutes ago, IOM said:

I have no intention of submitting an FOI . You have been consistently saying it was multi millions and quoting the pandemic costs which agreed were  £4.5m . I note you have never referenced the £44m for the runway extension which was effectively a ‘subsidy’  to EasyJet but I know that does not really suit your narrative. 

You and your narratives, you do make me laugh.

• Confused 1

53 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Submit your own FOI.

Im reliably told the subsidy so far has been £1.7mln, excluding the £4.5mln during the pandemic.

You won't get far with an FoI.  Someone asked about a year ago (ref:2694889):

"I seek a weekly breakdown of the total amount paid to underwrite Loganair's Heathrow route since it was introduced in May, up to October 4 2022. The Department for Enterprise said it did not hold this information, but said the DoI might."

While our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance the information is exempt from disclosure under section 30 of the Act as disclosure would be likely to prejudice the commercial interests of the Department of Infrastructure.

26 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Fair enough, I was listening to the wind and the engines broke through. Its got pretty wild gusts over the last hour.

generally the rules say make 2 attempts to land  , if its not possible then call it a day and divert somewhere else 

read the investigation into manx 2  air accident in Ireland ,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Omobono said:

generally the rules say make 2 attempts to land  , if its not possible then call it a day and divert somewhere else 

read the investigation into manx 2  air accident in Ireland ,

There are no actual rules per se regarding the number of approaches you can make, but you are right that the normal accepted policy of the airlines is that if you haven’t managed to get in on the second attempt, unless there is a significant improvement in conditions expected, then you should call it a day and divert.

Regarding that awful day in Cork, they should never have made any approaches at all as the visibility was below the legal minima at all times. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

Not so quick to release media when they cancel their own Manchester flights though as they have done with mine in February, and dropped down to 1 per day on some days of the week.

Only the same as EasyJet. All airlines will drive out media releases about new flights it’s called ………. marketing ! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

I didn't even notice they'd dropped it. When did it stop being twice daily? Last time I flew Loganair to Manchester it was.

It's not really a rescue mission. easy was unfortunately damaging Loganairs Manchester loads badly, so a neutral recovery.

Edited by NoTailT

I spent some time yesterday looking at what was the average number of pax per flight on each route in July, based on the punctuality figures already released and the Airport's pax figures:

Airport Carrier Flts Pax Aver
BFS easyJet 18 1905 106
BRS easyJet 18 2614 145
LGW easyJet 81 11422 141
LPL easyJet 95 8859 93
MAN easyJet 60 6352 106
DUB Emerald 78 3638 47
BHD Emerald 54 1344 25
BHX Loganair 51 1845 36
EDI Loganair 34 1145 34
LHR Loganair 62 3424 55
LPL Loganair 102 3510 34
LCY Loganair 67 2124 32
MAN Loganair 104 3520 34
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I spent some time yesterday looking at what was the average number of pax per flight on each route in July, based on the punctuality figures already released and the Airport's pax figures:

Airport Carrier Flts Pax Aver
BFS easyJet 18 1905 106
BRS easyJet 18 2614 145
LGW easyJet 81 11422 141
LPL easyJet 95 8859 93
MAN easyJet 60 6352 106
DUB Emerald 78 3638 47
BHD Emerald 54 1344 25
BHX Loganair 51 1845 36
EDI Loganair 34 1145 34
LHR Loganair 62 3424 55
LPL Loganair 102 3510 34